Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DO 2.5.1 (beta) - BUG in alarm system - Alarms not reliable

DO 2.5.1 (beta) - BUG in alarm system - Alarms not reliable

Hallo!

The alarm system was always a problem, but I was quite good working with DO 2.4.x on my X10 (Android 2.3). Now I'm using a Samsung S III mini (Android 4.1) and the alarm system is not reliable (any more).

1.) When an alarm comes up (pop up + icon), all other alarms are "hold" down. They will pop up, when the first alarm is dismissed or snoozed. That's not ok. If you miss the first alarm, you'll miss all others, too!

2.) Sometimes an alarm does not come up. I think it's very often after doing a sync with the PC ... When I open the item itself (eg in Calendar), the alarm window pops up. If I snooze the "alarm", it will not pop up itself, but only when I open the item mayself after the snooze-time has elapsed. So there will never be a "real" alarm (sound and pop up without opening the item manually).

I think (I don't have time to do extensive testing), the "hanging" alarm will be "release", if I create a new item and set an alarm time before the hanging item. This works.

3.) My questions are:

a) could the dev team implement a special feature "reset alarm system" (maybe under "cldebug" ;-) to have all DO alarms in Android system been deleted and re-set?

b) could the dev team implement a feature to call this function after each sync process and (!) reboot of the phone?

This ResetAlarm-function should check all items for *overdue* alarms and pop up them immediately.

Maybe for debug purposes it would be useful to have this ResetAlarm-function called regularly (eg all 30 min) and writing a log of any changed to alarms, especially all found overdue alarms. If there's no reboot of the phone, there should never be such overdue alarms, right?

Michael
    CL 6049.44 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 7.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

Michael,

Thanks for the detailed notes.

I'll have the developer check on the reboot. You may need to run DejaOffice once to reset the alarms. This may be dependent on where DejaOffice is stored. Please check your settings and be sure that DejaOffice is on your main phone memory, and not the SD Card. The SD Card is not mounted during the boot process, so DejaOffice can't run in that case.

The entire alarm system is being rewritten this month. We're going to move it to the notification manager. So the good news is that the old bugs will go away. The bad news is that they will be replaced by all new bugs. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I'll have the developer check on the reboot. You may need to run DejaOffice once to reset the alarms. This may be dependent on where DejaOffice is stored. Please check your settings and be sure that DejaOffice is on your main phone memory, and not the SD Card. The SD Card is not mounted during the boot process, so DejaOffice can't run in that case.
    All data is in internal memory. It's not possible to move the DB to external SD.

See http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...3338#post13338

It's strange, but today it works (worked?) right now since reboot of my phone in the morning. Even an alarm set in the night came up after reboot...

The entire alarm system is being rewritten this month. We're going to move it to the notification manager. So the good news is that the old bugs will go away. The bad news is that they will be replaced by all new bugs. Yay!
    Ok, I'm glad to hear, the development on this is going on. I'll do my very best, to find bugs in the new system. ;-)

BTW, will there be a "alarm list" with all alarms currently pending, as another user suggested in the forum? Now the very first alarm will block the view ...

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)

Hello,
    Since moving from the DROID Global 2 phone to the DROID RAZR M the alarms on DJO calendar have not worked for me at all. I'm working with DJO ver 2.4.5 (453) 06/14/2013 and syncing with Outlook 2007 (12.0.6668.5000) .
    I do not see a setting anywhere in DJO to turn on alarms. Is this a known bug or how do I change this?

Thanks,
    Susan

Any release date know so far?

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)

Behavior yesterday: Sync at 10 a.m. - No alarms since this moment. If I open an appointment, the alarm window pops up ... I can snooze, but there's no alarm.

When I added a new appointment (with alarm on the next day) in the afternoon, all alarms popped up, right after I clicked on "save" of the new appointment.

So it seems, the alarm system is being "blocked" by something within DO ...

Because I really do not need an alarm clock, which will "potentially" ring, may I ask once more

IS THERE ANY RELEASE DATE OF A FIXED VERSION AVAILABLE?

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)

Talking this morning again with the developer on this. Let me see what we can figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Talking this morning again with the developer on this. Let me see what we can figure out.
    Hm, "entire alarm system is being rewritten this month" ... any time for (beta) release? Maybe the problem is alreay solved ?!

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)

Wayland,

anything new regarding this issue? How about the "rewrite" process?

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)

This is getting worked on.

Unfortunately, also soon the entire alarm system is going to be folded into the notification system. I'm looking forward to an end of the "popup" and just having a notification for it.