Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DO 2.5.1 (beta) - BUG in alarm system - Alarms not reliable

Sounds great. When will it be available?

Btw, please do not forget a "persistent" alarm as available now. It very important to get reminded on missed alarms.

Many thanks in advance!

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

I couldn't live without "persistent". I often leave my phone at my desk as I walk to get coffee, then end up meeting up with someone in the office. When I return to my desk, there's my phone anxiously trying to tell me something...

It will be there.

Still having issues in 2.5.7

I've been an avid user of DejaOffice for about 2 1/2 years now. I've been particularly pleased with the effort put into making DO a stable and reliable platform.

That said, alarms have of late been unreliable. Some versions have had alarms that worked fairly reliably, some not so much. The most recent version is one of those, and I am seeing a lot of the problems that the OP mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately, with my current device (a Photon 4G) I'm stuck on Gingerbread until I decide to go the cyanogenmod route, so any new system based around notifications is lost on me. Is there any chance that those of us on older platforms will see alarm fixes soon? I'd hate to have to migrate to another app. I _like_ Deja. I rely on Deja. Unfortunately, of late it hasn't always been very reliable, and all of that is the alarm system. Any other concerns I've had are minor, and a number of those have been fixed over the years.

As I understood DjOCTO's answer, the new system will be available for older android's too, but optional to be switched on.

There seems to be no update for Samsung Galaxy S3 mini ( Android 4.1.2) so I hope, at least this platform will be supported with the new system ...

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

DJOCTO,

May I ask once more:

When will it be available?

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

Michael, current projects have priority. I recently updated the "sticky" with some dates. The next thing to surface is a simple list of requests and fixes, that should appear early in 2014. So right now it looks like the alarm project is late January at best, and realistically Feb or March.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    So right now it looks like the alarm project is late January at best, and realistically Feb or March.
    07-18-2013, 02:27 PM: "The entire alarm system is being rewritten this month."

Did I miss anything? :-(

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)

Quote Originally Posted by MG111 View Post
    07-18-2013, 02:27 PM: "The entire alarm system is being rewritten this month."

Did I miss anything? :-(

Michael
    Being rewritten is not the same thing as being tested, integrated and made ready for production. :-)
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

One issue I have is the inconsistency of how alarms are treated when tasks are completed. Sometimes when you complete a task the alarm is cancelled sometimes it is not. A task completed in advance of the alarm sounding can still leave the alarm sounding. After the alarm sounds completing the task may or may not dismiss the alarm. All of these are on my phone as don't have the alarms sound on the tablet.

Anybody else having these issues ?
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Being rewritten is not the same thing as being tested, integrated and made ready for production. :-)
    Ok, so what's the aim of doing a "rewrite"? Have the same bugs in other code? ...

Because of the fact, that sometimes (nearly every day) the alarm system hangs (several alarms pop up after adding a new item), my sense of humor in this case tends to zero ... :-(

Michael

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)