+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S USB Settings (Captivate, Vibrant, Facinate, Epic 4G)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    To Syncronize DejaOffice using CompanionLink USB, you need to change the Samsung S USB Settings to allow "Mass Storage" mode. Here is how to do so:

1. On the Phone, from the Desktop windows, click on the Menu Button and chooose Settings. Then choose Applications and USB Settings.

Note: On some phones choose Settings, then About Phone and USB Settings.
    I can find no such menu settings on the Epic4G. Perhaps the instructions need to be updated...?
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)

You can just roll down the notification bar from the top, and click on "USB connected." Same procedure to unmount except that the selection would then be "Turn off USB storage."

My wife just received a new Captivate from Samsung and AT&T. We are trying out Companionlink USB with Office. It worked, but we couldn't figure out how to get the information to the Android Calendar and Contacts. The above information answered my question. Thanks. It looks like we will be buying this software.

Kaena,

When I installed Deja on my Samsung Captivate, I did not know that it would sink contacts to the phone's Google account in the phone. Now, I have over 900 contacts in the native contact app. Do you know how to delete the contacts out of the native contact manager? I would like to keep them in Deja.Thanks,

Here are some steps to completely clean out an Android phone, and re-establish the databases from the PC.

====If you have contacts in Google you wish to keep=======

Turn off Google Contacts sync on the Android:
    1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar
    NOTE: With Auto-Sync turned off, your Contact and Calendar data will no longer be sent to Google.

Manually clear out contacts in the native app:
    1. Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Contacts Storage
    NOTE: If you do not see "All" select Menu/Filter/All
    2. Select Clear Data
    NOTE: The "Clear Data" option is not available on Droid X running Android OS 2.1

====If you have contacts in Google that you DO NOT want======

Clear out contacts in Gmail
    1. Log in to your Gmail account and clear out your contact list.
    2. Let this sync to Android so the Android list is also clear.

Turn off Google Contacts sync on the Android:
    1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar
    NOTE: With Auto-Sync turned off, your Contact and Calendar data will no longer be sent to Google.

====Clear everything out of DejaOffice====
    1.If your device has a keyboard, open DejaOffice to the main screen and type "RESET"
    2.If your device does not have a keyboard tap and hold the menu button and then type "RESET"
    3.Select "Yes" to Reset the Database
    NOTE: RESET Method does not work on Galaxy S phones
    4.If this still does not work, connect the phone to the PC
    5.Mount the phone in USB Storage mode
    6.On the PC look for the clusb folder and delete it
    7.Unmount the phone from the PC/Turn off USB Storage mode

=====Clean up your PC data and re-sync=======
    1. On your PC, make sure your contact manager is free of duplicates and any unwanted data.
    2. Finally, in CompanionLink select "Reread PC data on next sync" from the options menu. This will replace all the data on the phone.

Hi. Sorry if I am not using the correct way. I am just new at those foruns ways. I live in Brazil and I have bought a Sansung Galaxy S GT I9000 with android os 2.1 update 1. I have tried to use the Kies of sansung to sync my outlook contacts, calendar, notes and tasks, but unfortunatelly I have discovered that this sync sansung way have lost many of my data of the calendar. So, I am really upset with this problem. Searching the internet I have founf this way to use the companion software and dejaOffice for android. Coudl anyone give me an idea if those software works well at this phone? What can I have to do with the Kies sync program? Do they work together or they are incompatible? Is there any chance to damage the phone? I am not an expert like most of you but I need to solve this problem very soon. Thanks for any help.

I put my Galaxy into Media Player mode when syncing it to my PC and now i cant seem to switch it back to mass storage or kies mode because the option is not visible anymore. Do u know why?

Quoted: "Question No "phone" acount on Samsung Galaxy"

There is no "phone" account on Samsung Galaxy Andriod 2.1 after installation on a "Google" Account for contacts and then there is no possibility to create groups in contacts.

Exactly!! I have the Fascinate and my only options are to sync with Google...@gmail default account or Facebook(ugh). Because the only option is Google and no "phone" option, duplicates are made in the Adroid native contacts FROM Dejaoffice.
    Last edited by Irish2Ice; 12-09-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Same problems.....

Quote Originally Posted by wendylewis View Post
    I just got a samsung Facinate from verison wireless. I had a palm treo. I DO NOT wish to change all my calandar and contacts to google. How do I use deja office to sync with outlook and use both my phone and home pc for outlook?
    I would also like to know how to do this. I was only able to sync when I selected "google" and that duplicated my contacts-----One native "phone" contact and a "google" contact. The will link/merge, but the contact then has DOUBLE EVERYTHING when you select the contact.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish2Ice View Post
    I would also like to know how to do this. I was only able to sync when I selected "google" and that duplicated my contacts-----One native "phone" contact and a "google" contact. The will link/merge, but the contact then has DOUBLE EVERYTHING when you select the contact.
    There a re a number of ways to use CompanionLink SW to sync with DejaOffice on your Android Phone.
    Specifically bypassing Google is a popular method with our customers.
    I would refer to the setup guides, please post a specific question if you run into problems.
    http://www.companionlink.com/support/setupguides.html

+ Reply to Thread