+ Reply to Thread

Thread: deja office 4.5.1 Can't install shortcut widget to home screen

deja office 4.5.1 Can't install shortcut widget to home screen

I am using a Verizon Samsung S3 updated to android 4.1.2. While I can install the DejaToday widget and resize it without problems, when I try to install the DejaShortcut widget, after I move it to the home screen, it opens but the widget is not resident on the home screen. Any help would be appreciated. Would like to have access to it.

waldtest

Can't move Direct Dial and Direct Message widgets either

The same is true for Direct Dial and Direct Message widgets. When I try to drag them to the Home screen, they just disappear and open the apps themselves.

I am using an AT&T Samsung Sr updated to Android 4.2.2.

I'm new to DejaOffice and this forum. Is it usual for people to post issues here and then have nobody from CompanionLink respond? I'm not used to such inattentiveness by developers of such programs.

Quote Originally Posted by tomwolff52 View Post
    I'm new to DejaOffice and this forum. Is it usual for people to post issues here and then have nobody from CompanionLink respond? I'm not used to such inattentiveness by developers of such programs.
    I find that the DJO staff are sometimes present and sometimes not on the forums. And that sometimes they do miss posts. Overall I have found them to be very helpful though, and very responsive. But if something is either very urgent and/or very important it is probably just best to email Support directly as then you're guaranteed some followup. If find that forum is helpful for sometimes getting responses from other users (in addition to DJO staff), but persistence generally helps with getting a response from DJO staff (on the forums).
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Thanks to WhoWhatWhen

I appreciate your response and will manage my expectations in an appropriately positive manner here. I also sent a direct query by email to Support with a link to this page so they can see the older post as well. Thank you.

Tom

Cool, glad to help! Yeah, every company is different in how they handle their forums. But overall DJO/CompanionLink has seemed like a good group of folks with a good product.
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Quote Originally Posted by waldtest View Post
    I am using a Verizon Samsung S3 updated to android 4.1.2. While I can install the DejaToday widget and resize it without problems, when I try to install the DejaShortcut widget, after I move it to the home screen, it opens but the widget is not resident on the home screen. Any help would be appreciated. Would like to have access to it.

waldtest
    Hi waldtest -

The DejaOffice Shortcut widget isn't a true widget - it's more of a quick link to the various DejaOffice shortcuts. The two widgets from DejaOffice are the 4x1 and 4x4.

Sorry for the confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by tomwolff52 View Post
    The same is true for Direct Dial and Direct Message widgets. When I try to drag them to the Home screen, they just disappear and open the apps themselves.

I am using an AT&T Samsung Sr updated to Android 4.2.2.

tomwolff52 -

The Direct Dial and Direct Message widgets aren't actually from DejaOffice - they're from Samsung. Here's how we see them working: 1) Select the Direct widget & drag it to the home screen 2) Select the contact you want to associate with it 3) Select the number you want associated.

Hope this helps -

-Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Hi waldtest -

The DejaOffice Shortcut widget isn't a true widget - it's more of a quick link to the various DejaOffice shortcuts. The two widgets from DejaOffice are the 4x1 and 4x4.

Sorry for the confusion!

so I take it there is no way to install it on the android desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by waldtest View Post
    so I take it there is no way to install it on the android desktop.
    This thread is confused.

DejaOffice offers Shortcuts and Widgets. Both may be installed on the Android Desktop. The discussion appear to be pertaining to JellyBean requiring that shortcuts be installed using the "Widget" selection screen. That's just how Shortcuts are installed. It's different from earlier Android versions.

+ Reply to Thread