+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Import Calendar Lists like U.S. Holidays

Import Calendar Lists like U.S. Holidays

Is there a way (or lists) to import U.S. Holidays into my calendar as an all day even with its own category and color?

I know that Android users can get this information imported, but I do not think you are able to set category or colour.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

I have Android. Do I have to do this via the conduit sync or can I just download something from google-play?

Basically, yes, DJO get's it's calendar items from you adding them or syncing with your CRM. There are no calendar item sets you can download and import to DJO (That I am aware of). If you have Outlook, there are US Holiday lists you can find, download and import into Outlook. I'm sure most other CRM's offer the same in one form or another, but I honestly don't know since Outlook is the only CRM I have ever used. As long as your CRM assigns categories and colors, DJO will. Google Calendar has a holiday calendar and I suppose you could do a one-time sync with Google and try to have DJO read them in. I found DJO interactions with the Android Calendar (which is how you would have to get them) to be so troublesome in the early days that I've never allowed it since.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

We plan on having a built-in US Holiday calendar -soon- (It's been on the list for 2 years now.)

Until then, like Hook says, if you use Outlook Sync it is easy to bring it in from Outlook. Outlook has standard US Holidays built-in and just brings them in as appointments.

I'll up the priority on having something in DJO. To do it involves two problems
    1) Should the be "real" i.e. editable events, or virtual events?
    2) In either case of 1) how to deal with "dupes" if a customer has some but not all holidays already there - i.e. if there is a name match we can dedupe, but what about "July 4th" vs "Independence day". It's hard to have the system show just one by recognizing the other.

I don't like making excuses. But there are ramifications to doing it right, and we've been stuck on that.

Can you please make the US holidays optional for those of us in the rest of the world.

Here in the UK the Scottish and English holidays are different and that creates enough confusion!
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Cecil, don't worry!

We are very aware of our localized versions, and will make the US Holidays, and UK Holidays as options. I've always wondered if you say "Happy Bank Holiday!" like we say "Happy 4th of July".

In the UK the only days we would recognise with a special greeting are Christmas Day (Happy or Merry Christmas), New Years Day (Happy New Year) and Easter Sunday (Happy Easter)

In Scotland bank holiday usually means only the banks are on holiday!! We are usually working normally and take holidays to suit ourselves and our employers. In England a bank holiday is a general holiday and most people have the day off. It really confuses people who move up here from England, they think its a bank holiday they should have the day off, but find they have to go in to work.
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. Here in the US people really say "Happy 4th of July" and "Happy 4th", which I personally consider a bit odd. I've never heard someone say "Happy Independence Day". Of course, Cinqo de Mayo is a social holiday here in the US just like St Patricks day.

Adding holidays to Deja Calendar

Please, where is the option? I have just spent 5 hours trying to get holidays into my Deja Calendar and every attempt and approach has failed miserably. I sync with Palm Desktop and there is no way available that I can find to get a holiday list into PD. I added holidays to my Google calendar and synced my Android with Google. The holidays are in the Android calendar now but they don't transfer over to Deja Calendar even though all my Deja Calendar events moved over into my Android calendar.

Please solve this problem fast!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OK, I got it done, but it was one hellishly frustrating process.
    Last edited by longvalleymac; 11-09-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: add'l info

+ Reply to Thread