Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekly View

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Ok guys, I need your help.

I can understand you want the week view with seven days in 1) a 2x6 format, or maybe 2) a 2x8 format with a month view calendar in the 8th slot.

Can you tell me why?

a) Hook says: gives you fast situational awareness on your week and then you can drill down if you need to.

I get this. The assumption here is that you usually have 6 or fewer items per day, because more would be offscreen. Is this a correct assumption?

1. Does anyone else have anything to say here.

2. Does anyone have an opinion on the day format Right/Left/Top/down ? Obviously Monday is in the first slot. Should Tuesday be to the right of it, or under it?

Thanks all for your help. I'm pondering whether we will do just one of these, or maybe a couple different ones with a selector for various people's thoughts...
    Yes, it works best if you have fewer appointments. 6 is a good upper limit I think. You can also use a symbol to indicate there are more than are showing (Outlook uses this in it's monthly view), which would send you to a daily or or weekly plus time-scale view). Obviously, someone who is scheduling 15 minute appointments all day is not going to use this view.

I suspect it would be best if horizontal (Tuesday top right) or vertical (Tuesday under Monday on left) organization were selectable as I think different folks are used to one way or another from other products. I personally prefer horizontal.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

with the month in the 8th slot i can view the running week in the calendar, as you can see in the photo, the week in the screen is highlighted in the calendar. your assumption of items per day is correct, maybe an indicator of more items like a down arrow will let you know there are more items that day, i suggest that pressing the day can move you to the day view to see all of the items for that day specifically. i prefer tuesday on the right slot. another suggestion is a highlight for the current day. thanks!