Thread: Feature Request: Option to Sync with DejaCloud only when AutoSync enabled &/or Wifi

Lightbulb Feature Request: Option to Sync with DejaCloud only when AutoSync enabled &/or Wifi

I'm on a limited data plan and so I'd like a way to ensure that DJO is only trying to sync with DejaCloud when I want it to. I've thought of a few different ways this could be achieved (and it possible that one them is already implemented):
    1. Only try to sync with DejaCloud if the OS setting of AutoSync is enabled. This might actually be how DJO already works, but if so I'd appreciate having a confirmation from someone at DJO. Currently I usually leave AutoSync disabled unless I really want stuff to sync over my mobile connection or if I'm connected to one of my trusted Wifi networks (eg, at home or office).
    2. Only try to sync when connected over Wifi. This can further be improved by allowing for setting it to only sync when connected to specific Wifi networks (Dropsync recently added a feature like this).

My preference is actually for #1 as it is the easiest to manage. But I can work with #2 if that is what ends up implemented.

Also, with each of the above it should still be possible to manually trigger a sync if the user wants to.

Thanks for your consideration!
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Whowhatwhen - This is to confirm that when Auto-Sync is "Never" it does not sync.

When Auto-Sync is Push Sync then it logs in but does not use carrier bandwidth until there is a change.

When Auto-Sync is a time, it synchronizes from the time set. So if you set 15 minutes, it synchronizes in 15 minutes, and every 15 minutes after that.

I'll make a note to add Push Sync - Wi-Fi-Only - i.e.e don't use carrier sync at all. This is something we can set. I expect you'll see this in our beta by Sept1 and release build by late Sept.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Whowhatwhen - This is to confirm that when Auto-Sync is "Never" it does not sync.
    I'll make a note to add Push Sync - Wi-Fi-Only - i.e.e don't use carrier sync at all. This is something we can set. I expect you'll see this in our beta by Sept1 and release build by late Sept.
    Hi @DJOCTO, thanks for your replies!

I just want to clarify that I was referring to the Android system setting of "Auto Sync" and not to the DJO Auto Sync settings, which is what it sounds like you are referring to you in your replies.

So how does that change your answers, especially with regards to how DJO behaves if the system setting of Auto Sync is currently disabled (ie, question #1)?

Depending on the answer to #1, #2 may not even be necessary. But if you do implement #2 (eg, "Push Sync - Wi-Fi-Only") I'd prefer the ability to designate Wifi networks it can be limited to (for extra security). But again, #1 is my preferred way of managing all this, if DJO properly respects the system Auto Sync setting.

Thanks!

Just bumping this thread as I'm still unclear if DJOCTO and I are understanding each other (per my above previous post). Thanks!

I will have to check on the status for OS Level Auto-Sync. We can definitely do #1, so let me focus there...

Cool, sounds good! I look forward to hearing more as you learn more (and have time to post!).