Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DejaOffice 1.6.2 released.

Since the update, I get 3 dialogs per sync allowing program to access Outlook.

dbvirago - The message is generated by Outlook, typically because your antivirus software is missing or out of date. Click here for more info.

Thanks for the link, I was trying to find that earlier. Thing is windows doesn't know about by av software. I've had the setting that I am monitoring my own av since day one. I use avast and it updates multiple times daily. Also, I synch many times daily and the pop up happened immediately after the last update. May be coincidence.

Forced Close of DejaOffice when executing Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by btsunshine View Post
    I'm anxious to take advantage of the task alarm fix; however, at this point I'd just be happy to be able to sync with Outlook once again. After updating DejaOffice to v1.6.2, I tried to sync my Motorola Backflip using CompanionLink USB 3.0 (Build 3101), at which time it forced close after reading the calendar. Thinking there may have been a conflict between the versions of DejaOffice & CompanionLink, I upgraded to CompanionLink USB 4.0 (build 4006), rebooting both my PC & smartphone, and tried to sync once again. The same thing happened: After "Reading Calendar (100%)", the message "Sorry! The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clubsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the only option being to press the button labeled "Force close". Please help! I've already e-mailed support, but need to find a resolution soon as I use my smartphone all day at work.
    I just upgraded to Android Froyo 2.2. Had previously used CL USB Sync 1.2.2 on Droid combined with CompanionLink software on PC (using Outlook). Have now upgraded to DejaOffice 1.6.3. All functions work EXCEPT THE CALENDAR and CATEGORIES. When I execute the calendar or Categories, I get a forced close (as described in the quoted message above).

Help!
    Last edited by sjarus; 08-20-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: update

**** UPDATE ****

If you are having the problem described in my earlier post (8/21/2010) regarding a failure of CALENDAR and CATEGORIES... here's the fix:

(1) Uninstall DejaOffice from your phone (through the Setting/Applications/DejaOffice/Uninstall menu)
    (2) Attach your phone to your PC, and through your PC, get into the phone's directory listings.
    (3) You will find a directory called "CLUSB.db" (even though you just uninstalled DejaOffice). DELETE this entire directory on your phone.
    (4) Reinstall DejaOffice (from Marketplace or wherever you got it).

You will find that the deletion of this directory clears up the problem. It appears that the uninstall program for DejaOffice doesn't really uninstall everything. If you, like me, were a CL USB Sync user (i.e. before DejaOffice), it appear that this directory contains a corrupt or incompatible file which causes DejaCalendar and Categories to crash. Be deleting this directory, the corrupt or incompatible file is removed. Reinstalling DejaOffice re-creates an entirely new directory (by the same name).

Special thanks to the DejaOffice Support team for figuring this out.
    Last edited by sjarus; 08-22-2010 at 01:06 AM.