+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating event for date at 11:30pm, creates start date on the day before...

Creating event for date at 11:30pm, creates start date on the day before...

If I go to create an event in the Calendar, and it is 11:30pm now (23:30), and therefore the time defaults to the current time with a 1 hour default length, when I select a date for the event (say, next week), it selects the day BEFORE the day I selected as the start date, and the following date as the end date.

This seems counterintuitive - if I select a date for an event to occur on, even if it's at 11:30pm with a 1 hour default duration, shouldn't the START date be on the date I select, and not the END date?

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 08-31-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Hi Tim seeing same problem here.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Sounds like a little date math issue. I'll send it to the developer. I expect this will be fixed in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Sounds like a little date math issue. I'll send it to the developer. I expect this will be fixed in the next release.
    So... is the developer not, like, in your office or anything? I thought DejaOffice and CompanionLink were both in-house products that you were developing...?

- Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    So... is the developer not, like, in your office or anything?
    The developer may just reside elsewhere (from DJOCTO). In this day and age a lot of companies will have their staff spread all over, working remotely.
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWhatWhen View Post
    The developer may just reside elsewhere (from DJOCTO). In this day and age a lot of companies will have their staff spread all over, working remotely.
    Well of course, but some teams are more cohesive than others; I'd bet that DejaOffice originally was developed in more close conjunction with the rest of the company's staff at one point, if I can make any assumptions based on the speed of prior development, speed of support answers in the past, number of different people answering, etc.

An example of a dispersed development group that is quite well-organized is the folks who develop MediaMonkey, which I use. Great product, very very well crafted, and I think each developer lives in a different country. They release new betas pretty regularly, though new full releases are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar between; but they keep in close contact with their users and are a highly technically aware bunch, from what I can tell. What's best, there's no "the developer", there's the specific developers, all of whom are known to the community and whom you may email directly.

Not everybody can do this, or wants to, but I'm using it as an example of a distributed development group that works and has pretty good transparency.

- Tim

I think "send it to" can be used even if the developer is down the hall. Might be an email, or adding a card to DOORS or however they communicate so it can be tracked.

I'm more concerned about the term "developer," as in singular. I'm kidding.

By the way, I also use Media Monkey. Great program.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    Well of course, but some teams are more cohesive than others; ....
    You make a number of good points. And I agree it would be nice to have more direct access/interaction with the actual developer(s). And I can also understand and respect the approach that DJO takes of having a few key people out front, interacting with the public, who act as a liaison to the programmers.

Perhaps DJOCTO can chime in a some point to enlighten all of us on what they're actual arrangement is.

And thumbs up for MediaMonkey--such great software!
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I think "send it to" can be used even if the developer is down the hall. Might be an email, or adding a card to DOORS or however they communicate so it can be tracked.

I'm more concerned about the term "developer," as in singular. I'm kidding.

By the way, I also use Media Monkey. Great program.
    Yay MediaMonkey! :-)

Actually, I *am* worried about "developer" singular...

- Tim

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWhatWhen View Post
    You make a number of good points. And I agree it would be nice to have more direct access/interaction with the actual developer(s). And I can also understand and respect the approach that DJO takes of having a few key people out front, interacting with the public, who act as a liaison to the programmers.

Perhaps DJOCTO can chime in a some point to enlighten all of us on what they're actual arrangement is.

And thumbs up for MediaMonkey--such great software!
    I have found that asking folks directly what their relationship with their developer(s) is can be seen as an aggressive move for some reason. Since I myself am a developer, I see it as asking for information that any developer would want to know, and be known; of course, also, as a developer I'm glad that the end-customers in the product I'm working on don't have direct access to me to pester me with a million questions and feature requests. ;-)

- Tim

+ Reply to Thread