+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating event for date at 11:30pm, creates start date on the day before...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    I have found that asking folks directly what their relationship with their developer(s) is can be seen as an aggressive move for some reason.
    Interesting--I would not have thought of that, but I can see how that could happen.

Since I myself am a developer, I see it as asking for information that any developer would want to know, and be known; of course, also, as a developer I'm glad that the end-customers in the product I'm working on don't have direct access to me to pester me with a million questions and feature requests. ;-)
    I think similarly. And I LOL at your last bit! So true!

Actually, I *am* worried about "developer" singular...
    Let's hope they at least feed him/her regularly, and occasionally let them out of their cage!
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Mostly the developers are kept busy. So we have to decide what is worth interrupting for. It may be that a small bug fix distracts from a larger project.

In fact, our developers are all here in Portland in our office. They sit about 20 feet (not too far) from my desk.

For any given feature, we generally have one developer. That is; one person handles Android UI issues; one handles Task issues; one handles DejaCloud sync. It is a good thing when a problem falls to one developer, because it minimizes the communication required to fix it. Unfortunately, any problem with multiple apps, or app-and-sync will likely depend on a team solution, which takes longer.

@DJOCTO, Thanks for sharing all that! It is definitely nice knowing more about those internal processes, arrangements, etc.
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

My next question is, since you are in Portland, is this a Wesen business.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hmmm, I had to look that up. My brother's neighbor's house was used for Grimm.

No. We are Zombies, and stick to our own kind.

Thanks for the full disclosure, DJOCTO! Much appreciated!!

I mean, except for the Zombie stuff... :-)

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

+ Reply to Thread