Thread: Best method to keep Outlook, Note 2 & Note 8 in sync?

Best method to keep Outlook, Note 2 & Note 8 in sync?

The title pretty much says it all. Any experience with keeping a computer, phone and tablet in sync will be appreciated!
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II - Android 4.1.2 - Win7 64bit

That's pretty similar to what I'm currently doing. I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 which I both sync with DejaCloud which syncs with Outlook on my PC via CompanionLink. Overall I'm decently pleased, but there are currently a number of hiccups and bugs that I've been in correspondence with Support about and which they're trying to iron out. Though bugs are annoying, etc. I do very much appreciate how responsive the Support staff are (though I should clarify that it can take them a while to reply--I suspect they have their hands full most of the time).

Some of the bugs seem to be somehow specific to the Note 8 (or at least I observe them more with the Note 8 than with my Inc2), but I suspect they may be more in relation to how it interfaces with DejaCloud than just syncing in general, so depending on what sync method you're planning to use that may not matter for you.
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

The other possibility, if you prefer not to go with a cloud solution, is to got to Companion Link Express which allows you 2 profiles. I use this setup to keep both of my devices synced to Outlook via DejaConnect (USB).

I think DejaCloud is a great service and once they work out the kinks will probably be the best way around devices that don't play well with syncing directly to another device, but after trying it a while. since my devices do cooperate, it really is simpler and more direct to use profiles.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I use Companionlink Express the one thing you need to watch is to try not change the same event in more than one place. Unlike the old Palm Desktop systems I don't believe there is agood conflict management system in Android/Companionlink.

I would think using the cloud would help with this but would be interested to hear from DejaCloud users.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I use Companionlink Express the one thing you need to watch is to try not change the same event in more than one place. Unlike the old Palm Desktop systems I don't believe there is a good conflict management system in Android/Companionlink.

I would think using the cloud would help with this but would be interested to hear from DejaCloud users.
    Not really a worry with me. I use my tablet as read only. However, I would hope the latest time wins. I'll run some tests and see how it comes out.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

2 profiles sounds like what I'm looking for. I prefer to sync by wifi. I'll check out express. Thanks.
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II - Android 4.1.2 - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I use Companionlink Express the one thing you need to watch is to try not change the same event in more than one place. Unlike the old Palm Desktop systems I don't believe there is agood conflict management system in Android/Companionlink.

Yes, it does help with this, but that is only if DJO and CL are syncing properly. My Note 8.0 (and sometimes my Inc2) gets stuck and stops syncing with DJC until I manually sync and then it is fine again for a while. Deja Support are working on sorting out what is going on. But when things are working as they're intended it is a pretty sweet setup as it just syncs when there is a change on the device or from DJC.

I'd still like to see more conflict management options though as I believe other users have requested in much greater detail in other threads.
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Lightbulb Comparison / differences window for conflict resolution - data collision warning

May I introduce my idea about PROPER CONFLICT MANAGEMENT:
    dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?3794-Comparison-differences-window-for-conflict-resolution-data-collision-warning