Thread: Deja Offfice Issues

Deja Offfice Issues

I am using Companionlink Express 5 to sync Act 6 to the Deja office app in a Nokia Lumia 822 running WP 8. At this point a one way sync PC to phone is working OK, but there are a couple anomalies with Deja Office. First, I have mapped out the Working Address fields in Companionlink, however, after syncing the Home Address fields end up in the Working Address fields in Dejaoffice. Secondly, phone number fields cannot be deleted. If four phone numbers were synced to Deja Office blanking one of those numbers still results in 4 numbers displayed, two of them duplicated. In other words, if you sync Work, Home, and Mobile phone numbers and want to delete the Work Number, blanking the Work number will result in your having 2 Mobiles and 1Home Number. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Joejohn54, welcome to the forums.

> First, I have mapped out the Working Address fields in Companionlink, however, after syncing the Home Address fields end up in the Working Address fields in Dejaoffice.

Mapping address fields gets very messy. I would suggest using default mappings. At the very least, make a backup right away.

The "Main" address in ACT! is considered the Work address. Is this what you use?

> Secondly, phone number fields cannot be deleted. If four phone numbers were synced to Deja Office blanking one of those numbers still results in 4 numbers displayed, two of them duplicated. In other words, if you sync Work, Home, and Mobile phone numbers and want to delete the Work Number, blanking the Work number will result in your having 2 Mobiles and 1Home Number.

We had to put in logic, based on user request, to avoid the phones from deleting the databases in ACT! To clean the phone numbers, do it from ACT!

The circumstance you mention is probably a display anomoly for DejaOffice for Windows Phone. I will make a note to look into the display issues. I think the key, however, is to do phone number deletions on the PC.