Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Sync

Cannot Sync

Just installed Companionlink (build 5702) on PC and Dejaoffice (1.1.1.38) on Nokia Lumia 625 (got it today) via SD card. Both sides seems installed properly.

On PC side just select calender (for trying) and recent 5 days. When "loading" outlook folder it indicate 400+ records so Companionlink is able to access Outlook. On WP8 there is a sync option "with People App". I tried sync with both ways but both end up unsuccessful.

I select Direct USB option. Connected physical cable and here some click/ding sound from both PC and WP8.
    Click Sync option from PC and asked me to start sync from device.
    Click Sync option on WP8 would result "Pls disconnect the USB cable. Keep it disconnect until prompt to connect.

Once unplug the cable the blue progress line kind of moved half way and the screen prompt to connect the cable. (Seems some message flash across but real quick for me to take note of what it say).
    Plug cable in :WP8 message "Waiting for PC to finish sync." and I heard the PC ding/dong sound but nothing would happen on both side thereafter.

Eventually press cancel and abort. WP8 would display some flash message and the last one stays there said Sync completed.

I tried other approach : leave the cable unplug from WP8 and start C-Link. When press sync it would said cannot find WP8 (normal). Then press sync button on WP8, blue line moved half way then ask to connect USB cable. Act accordingly, here bing/ding sound from WP8 and PC. WP8 would say waiting for PC to finish sync. where PC seems no action. (Suppose 5 days record have very few entires, since not all 400+ will be sync.) I'd press Sync button on PC it will ask to start sync from WP8 again.

Did I do anything wrong, such as not wait long enough? It would seem the "People App" option a bit odd, and the messages displayed at both end looks there is some procedural issues.

Advise appreciated.

Additional Info

My PC Sync Center installed and is able to identify the SD card. PC Window Explorer also able to see WP8 and both the phone and the card.

davchoy -

Try this: Reboot the phone, then make sure the USB cable is not plugged into the PC.

-Confirm CL is running on the PC
    -With the cable disconnected, open DejaOffice & hit sync
    -When you see 'Please connect the USB cable', plug in the USB
    -The sync should start in CompanionLink (give it 10-20 seconds)

Let us know if you're still not able to sync.

Tried what you have suggested, which is similar to what I have done already (and I make sure WP8 has reboot by pressing the on/off key for more than 8 sec to cause it to do so), and still same problem.

BTW, what is "sync with people app"? And does the running of Bus/Vista PC's Sync Center cause any conflict?
    I checked PC USB Connection and see two counts of WinUSB hub and I am able to copy files from PC to WP8 from thru PC's file explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by davchoy View Post
    Tried what you have suggested, which is similar to what I have done already (and I make sure WP8 has reboot by pressing the on/off key for more than 8 sec to cause it to do so), and still same problem.

BTW, what is "sync with people app"? And does the running of Bus/Vista PC's Sync Center cause any conflict?
    I checked PC USB Connection and see two counts of WinUSB hub and I am able to copy files from PC to WP8 from thru PC's file explorer.
    Try disabling/exiting the "My PC Sync Center" program, then follow the exact sync steps (start with cable unplugged, hit sync, then connect). Does the sync start in CompanionLink?

"Sync with People" is the synchronization between DejaContacts and the native contact application, named People.

Dear Belinda / DejaOffice Support Team :

I tried Belinda's method (which is not different from what I have done in the first place) with a reset Nokia Lumia 625 to ensure it is a clean environment and still no luck. The symptom indicates that the hand-shake is not successful in each of the 2 situations. I understand the product (as well as the phone) are relatively new releases, has there been actual detail testing done on this combination?

Failed by the above two methods, I tried Dejacloud reluctantly, and is able to get the connection. (But if this is the only workable approach I can simply use MS Account sync and won’t need DejaOffice). After a couple of short but successful try (only a few note, calendar and memo), I do the full contact file load (740 contacts – one way outlook to phone; while the others are sync both ways – 365 days for calendar and less than 20 notes and memo). The Lumia phone shown updating contact and the blue line move back and forth 3-4 times in the process (seems matching the nbr of “segments” when uploading to Deajcloud at the PC end), but takes quite long (almost 4 minutes to complete), and then the rest are also completed. But at “Disconnecting from DejaCloud” phase, it would sit there as if it is hang. I wait for 5 minutes and then pressed the window icon to get out. Data seemed downloaded, but since the display on the phone did not show nbr of records transferred (as opposed to the PC end) I have no way of telling if everything actually got transferred, and transferred properly.
    (Suggest to add such information in future release).

Recognizing DejaOffice will not map all Outlook fields, I also tried to do a data mapping between Dejaoffice against Outlook. I found a couple of issues: (1) All phone data entered from Assistant downward in Dejaoffice will disappear once completed the Save is pressed (this is not a sync issue, rather a standalone DejaOffice bug; (2) Some fields are mapped “wrongly” : Home 3 to Callback / Mobile 3 to Mobile / Work 3 to Primary; (3) Where there are 3 fields of the same type eg. Home, Work and Mobile, DejaOffice deos not provide unique identification (all 3 are WORK), making differentiation extremely difficult.

I would also like to know if the synchronization is done at field level or record level – if Outlook Contact has 10 fields with data while mapped to only 7 in DejaOffice, after I did a Outlook to DejaOffice and later a DejaOffice to Outlook, will the 3 other fields’ data be wiped out?

Please also advise how can I directly add contact nbr to Dejaoffice from the phone’s history list?

I am down to 3 more days on my evaluation copy and I am extremely uncomfortable with the current state of affairs. Appreciate your prompt reply.

davchoy. It sounds like things are working.

Unsynchronized fields are not wiped out.

You might want to look at the data in DejaOffice CRM Live - which gives a view. This may shed some clarity on phone number mapping.

http://crm.dejaoffice.com

We map the phone numbers on Android in the style of Android. That is why they show as Work, Work, Work.

From the history list, long press on any number, select Add Contact. It will show the available options for contact lists, and the DejaOffice icon will be there. Just select DejaOffice.

Dear DJOCTO,
    1. I am not sure what your take is when you say "things are working". It is working only with deajcloud, and even in that case I am not sure if the sync. is complete and flawless. The product indicates it can do sync via usb cable and local wifi, which is NOT working. As I mentioned before those two options are critical, for like some other people on the forum said, I do not want to ue the "cloud", whoever's cloud it may be. It is just plain stupid to have two devices sitting next to each other and yet to do the sync. you need to move the data half way round the globe. There are aval. issue, seucrity issue and cost issue involved. Somewherein the Dejcloud/Companionlink webe site it is indicated that Direct USB cable sync is the fundamental? approach the product take and I am very disappointed that my post on this special issue is not being addressed. Ironically, I was a usual of your company's first product - PC-Link with Caiso BOSS in the 90s, I still have that 5 1/2 in floppy with me.

Continued

You also did not comment on the 4+ minutes of download time for 700+ contacts being normal or not? ( I am from Hong Kong and I assume the Dejacloud server is somewhere in US. But my internet access to many US sites are still very fast.) I may not have mentioned, the uploading of those 700+ contacts is much faster, less than a minute.

2. I logged into CRM.dejacloud.com as suggested. Able to see the data in the cloud, but very slow and long delay in refleshing, not sure if it is due to location distance or what. I also don't understand some of the display : those +. I have 3 emails for at least some record, but after pressing the email + it show only email2 and no more. I clicked mobile + icon but it jsut change to -. By just looking at them I cannot comprehend on the wrong mapping of those 3 fields.
    You have also not addressed my quer of why dejaoffice fail to accept input (from the phone) from the Assistant field downword.
    I recogn where the WORK WORK WORK thing comes from. But don't you think that it really caused confusion? By simply giving it a unique identifier as Work1 Work2 and Work3 on the dejaoffice could have safed end user a lot of trouble. And I don't that it will adversly impact the integrity of anything, why not do it?

3. On adding incoming call (phone history) to dejaoffice. With the Nokia Lumia (at least on my 625), tapping the incoming phone nbr would bring up a "profile" screen of that particular call, and by pressing the "save" soft button atthe bottom would bring up People (Hotmail Contact), press + soft button will log that nbr and allow me to add name to Hotmail contact. Long press on the history phone nbr would bring up Delete or Block option only, so what you suggest does not work with Nokia Lumia, may be work for other brands, don't know. Hopefully you can come up with some alternate solution, for the bloodly WP8 deprived us the simple COPY and PASTE function.

I don't mean to be harsh but I have pinned my hope with Dejaoffice and invest much time and effort along this route. I can appreaciate that this particular release may be rushed out to the market and as any early releases, there will be bugs and should get fixed in the future. If you would simply acknowledge them and provide us the list of bugs being worked on and order of proprity, it will boost our comfort level a long way. (Or may be only will I get those information when I become a customer, via the support route instead of via the forum route)?
    I am down to my last day of evaluation and looks I have to paid for the product. However, I would very much like to become a happy user instead of a disruntled one.

Continued

You also did not comment on the 4+ minutes of download time for 700+ contacts being normal or not? ( I am from Hong Kong and I assume the Dejacloud server is somewhere in US. But my internet access to many US sites are still very fast.) I may not have mentioned, the uploading of those 700+ contacts is much faster, less than a minute.

2. I logged into CRM.dejacloud.com as suggested. Able to see the data in the cloud, but very slow and long delay in refleshing, not sure if it is due to location distance or what. I also don't understand some of the display : those +. I have 3 emails for at least some record, but after pressing the email + it show only email2 and no more. I clicked mobile + icon but it jsut change to -. By just looking at them I cannot comprehend on the wrong mapping of those 3 fields.
    You have also not addressed my quer of why dejaoffice fail to accept input (from the phone) from the Assistant field downword.
    I recogn where the WORK WORK WORK thing comes from. But don't you think that it really caused confusion? By simply giving it a unique identifier as Work1 Work2 and Work3 on the dejaoffice could have safed end user a lot of trouble. And I don't that it will adversly impact the integrity of anything, why not do it?

3. On adding incoming call (phone history) to dejaoffice. With the Nokia Lumia (at least on my 625), tapping the incoming phone nbr would bring up a "profile" screen of that particular call, and by pressing the "save" soft button atthe bottom would bring up People (Hotmail Contact), press + soft button will log that nbr and allow me to add name to Hotmail contact. Long press on the history phone nbr would bring up Delete or Block option only, so what you suggest does not work with Nokia Lumia, may be work for other brands, don't know. Hopefully you can come up with some alternate solution, for the bloodly WP8 deprived us the simple COPY and PASTE function.

I don't mean to be harsh but I have pinned my hope with Dejaoffice and invest much time and effort along this route. I can appreaciate that this particular release may be rushed out to the market and as any early releases, there will be bugs and should get fixed in the future. If you would simply acknowledge them and provide us the list of bugs being worked on and order of proprity, it will boost our comfort level a long way. (Or may be only will I get those information when I become a customer, via the support route instead of via the forum route)?
    I am down to my last day of evaluation and looks I have to paid for the product. However, I would very much like to become a happy user instead of a disruntled one.

Rgds