+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot Sync

Continued

You also did not comment on the 4+ minutes of download time for 700+ contacts being normal or not? ( I am from Hong Kong and I assume the Dejacloud server is somewhere in US. But my internet access to many US sites are still very fast.) I may not have mentioned, the uploading of those 700+ contacts is much faster, less than a minute.

2. I logged into CRM.dejacloud.com as suggested. Able to see the data in the cloud, but very slow and long delay in refreshing, not sure if it is due to location distance or what. I also don't understand some of the display : those +. I have 3 emails for at least some record, but after pressing the email + it show only email2 and no more. I clicked mobile + icon but it just change to -. By just looking at them I cannot comprehend on the wrong mapping of those 3 fields.
    You have also not addressed my query of why dejaoffice fail to accept input (from the phone) from the Assistant field downward.
    I recogn where the WORK WORK WORK thing comes from. But don't you think that it really caused confusion? By simply giving it a unique identifier as Work1 Work2 and Work3 on the dejaoffice could have saved end user a lot of trouble. And I don't that it will adversely impact the integrity of anything, why not do it?

3. On adding incoming call (phone history) to dejaoffice. With the Nokia Lumia (at least on my 625), tapping the incoming phone nbr would bring up a "profile" screen of that particular call, and by pressing the "save" soft button at the bottom would bring up People (Hotmail Contact), press + soft button will log that nbr and allow me to add name to Hotmail contact. Long press on the history phone nbr would bring up Delete or Block option only, so what you suggest does not work with Nokia Lumia, may be work for other brands, don't know. Hopefully you can come up with some alternate solution, for the bloody WP8 deprived us the simple COPY and PASTE function.

I don't mean to be harsh but I have pinned my hope with Dejaoffice and invest much time and effort along this route. I can appreciate that this particular release may be rushed out to the market and as any early releases, there will be bugs and should get fixed in the future. If you would simply acknowledge them and provide us the list of bugs being worked on and order of priority, it will boost our comfort level a long way. (Or may be only will I get those information when I become a customer, via the support route instead of via the forum route)?

I discover yet another glitch. At leat one of my calender event has not been sync from Dejacloud to the Lumia625. After checking that the particular event has not been download from Dejcloud to the phone, I checked Dejacloud and verified that the event has indeed been uploaded. So I tried the upload again, and chose the opiton of wiping the Dejacloud data before upload from Outlook. Still not able to download to PC, but this time when I checked Dejacloud, while theevent has been logged, the time has been changed from 4pm - 11pm to 4am - 11am?
    As I mentioned since the sync action kind of stalled at the Disconnecting phase and I have no way of telling how many records has been sync. (as shown on the Dejacloud screen on the PC), I am not sure if I can depend on the product.

Dicsovered (at least) another item under DejaTask not being sync. I made some change to the item on outlook, sync up to Dejacloud (verified it is updated; BTW, found the 11pm become 11am thing in Calender somehow rectified), but both this updated task and the other "rectified" updated calender has not be sync dowm to the WP8. I am wondering if the dates has anything to do with it, given both my devices are in Hong Kong and Dejacloud is situated in US (I suppose), and if Dejcloud log with US time and when try to sign back to my WP8 the data WP8 may have a more recent timestamp from the Dejacloud record, thus preventing the update?

Hello, I am a potential user of DejaOffice + Companionlink for WP8. I want to sync through usb.
    It worked only few times, then I started to get the error message on the PC "Start the sychronization the device first", and on the phone it is always waiting for the PC to complete the sync... Can you provide a solution for this?
    Sync via DejaCloud works, but I want to sync via usb!

Same kind of problem :
    I always receive "Connection to DejaOffice was lost" and it ends the sync to nothing...
    Too bad with the last versions.

XP&7 FR / Outlook 2010 / DJO 2.5.6 + CLP 5.0.5074 / Samsung Galaxy S2 + Android 4.1.2 / DejaConnect USB + 90 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google Calendar sync

I have similar problems. Not that the problems with syncing starting or with connections being lost. Although sometimes I do have that problem, but I also can't browse the phone, so I think Windows hasn't picked it up that case. I don't blame Deja for that, just Windows. I keep playing (disconnect/connect) with it and eventually I get Windows to pick it up, then Deja will sync.

My real problem is that it's mentioned above records won't sync. I'm having lots of those problems and I don't see a rhyme or reason. No pattern to troubleshoot. Seems very unreliable. Please help as I really want to buy this product.

I see references to "My PC sync center" above. Sorry if this is obvious, but can someone please tell me what program that is? Is it the Windows Phone window under devices and printers that shows up when the phone is connected? (I don't see it labeled with My PC sync center). I'm evaluating CompanionLink and Really want to buy it but am unfortunately plagued with issues. The recommendation above was to disable it. I will gladly do that as part of my troubleshooting but I don't know what it is. Thank you!!

Danp, this thread describes a different issue. Laurentdjo, for instance, is using Android.

Please contact CompanionLink tech support at (503)243-5200 to get help with the Windows Phone sync process. I think the Windows Phone 8 OS may have changed since October 2013, so older messages may not have the reliable method for USB Sync. DejaCloud sync is unchanged, and you may want to consider it. Officially, Windows Phone USB sync is not "part of the zen" by Microsoft, but we found a way to make it work.

+ Reply to Thread