+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not all contacts getting copied over to DJO

Not all contacts getting copied over to DJO

I've been searching for days and trying everything I can try, but besides my Win7 notebook being unable to talk to my Samsung S4 with anything but BT (which is fine) when it DOES work, it reads (Outlook 2003) 50 contacts, thinks about it for 15-20 minutes, reads another 50, thinks about it again, reads the final 20+, then copies over calender/notes/tasks.

Tells me how many of each it's copied over, but:

The problem is 1/2 the contacts are missing on the Samsung, but all the tasks/calender/notes seem to be there - as near as I can tell.

Any ideas?

It sounds like Bluetooth is timing out, or not connecting right. I would suggest using DejaCloud sync.

I had great problems getting DejaConnect to work on my HTC.

When I upgraded to the S3 mini I had a few problems until I found some advice on the web. The advice was to clear out all previous installations for phones. Install Kies before connecting the phone. Download the DejaOffice ADB driver. The trick is at this stage disconnect your computer from internet before plugging in the phone. This stops the computer going to Windows Update to try and find a better driver, (it gets it wrong! !). When you plug in the phone it installs the driver from Kies. You can repeat the process with ADB enabled on your phone.

Once I had done this I could successfully connect the phone to Kies or by enabling ADB on the phone use DejaConnect to sync my phone.

Hope this is of interest.
    Last edited by Cecil; 09-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    It sounds like Bluetooth is timing out, or not connecting right. I would suggest using DejaCloud sync.
    I'm not concerned with how it syncs (I don't sync anything to the"cloud"), I'm more concerned that not all my contacts are getting synced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I had great problems getting DejaConnect to work on my HTC.

When I upgraded to the S3 mini I had a few problems until I found some advice on the web. The advice was to clear out all previous installations for phones. Install Kies before connecting the phone. Download the DejaOffice ADB driver. The trick is at this stage disconnect your computer from internet before plugging in the phone. This stops the computer going to Windows Update to try and find a better driver, (it gets it wrong! !). When you plug in the phone it installs the driver from Kies. You can repeat the process with ADB enabled on your phone.

Once I had done this I could successfully connect the phone to Kies or by enabling ADB on the phone use DejaConnect to sync my phone.

Hope this is of interest.
    I haven't loaded the adb driver on either device, but I'm more concerned about the lack of contacts not being synced.

Update: The reason I find that my device wasn't connecting via ANY USB, is that I've an app that will allow the extSDCard to become a drive letter on the PC, but - unbeknownst to me - when changed from a MassStorageDevice to a MTP device, it didn't actually check that in the USB settings. Once I changed that, it connected.

BUT I'm still concerned about the contacts being - or not being - transfered.
    Last edited by Braverman; 09-13-2013 at 03:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread