+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice for Android - General release schedule

DejaOffice Team Member
    DejaOffice v. 1.5.6 (6/30/2010)

*fixed an issue with all day annual recurring events not syncing properly
    *fixed an issue with recurring events' end times changing
    *fixed an issue with contacts with company name only filled in didn't display in native correctly
    *fixed an issue where the "Read Android Data" icon would be hidden if only native calendar is set to sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    DejaOffice v. 1.5.7 (7/19/2010)

*fixed issue synchronizing with on-board contacts and calendar apps for Samsung Galaxy devices

DejaOffice Team Member
    DejaOffice v. 1.5.8 (7/21/2010)

* fixed an issue where the DJO calendar display would erroneously show duplicate entries on some devices

I would love to see a logging of Calendar Events linked to Contacts as well as calls/SMS. I do billing using a software on my desktop. It would be nice to be able to see a log that would allow me to compare my calendar with my billing software intries. There might already be a feature to allow this or a better way than a logging feature. I have just started playing with DejaOffice and like what I see so far.

Thanks!!!
    Jim

Jim, what billing software do you use?

We plan on adding Contact History records to the system. These will sync to ACT! and Microsoft BCM and maybe some other platforms. So these would allow you to use that platform to show "Completed Events". It think this will be very effective.

Is there another billing package we should look at for Sync?

CLCTO,

I am a professional counselor, so I use a specialized billing software called EZ Claim. I wouldn't need need alot of integration with my billing software. I would like to have the ability to pull up a list of calendar events for a contact so I can compare entries from my calendar and billing software. If I could mark and event with a strikethrough or completed event would be a plus.

Thanks,
    Jim

DejaOffice Team
    DejaOffice v.1.6.2
    *Improved calendar view loading times
    *fixed an issue where task alarms would not ring if there were multiple alarms pending

DejaOffice v1.6.1
    *changed task due date sort order to include no due dates at the end
    *fixed an issue where DejaNotes would sometimes crash adding a new note
    *fixed an issue where modifying recurring events in DJO would not sync to PC
    *fixed an issue where default task priorities were set to high
    *fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly
    *fixed an issue where the recurring pattern first/last weekday/weekend day of the month/year would sync incorrectly
    *fixed an issue where recurring events starting prior to Mar 14 would sync an hour ahead
    *fixed an issue with Droid X where contacts data could be lost or merged

DejaOffice v1.6.0
    *added the ability to add/create/edit recurring events within DejaOffice
    *added account selection options when syncing with the native Android apps
    *added Android OS 2.2 (aka "Froyo") automatic mounting support
    *Improved native contact/calendar sync speed
    *Fixed an issue where disabling contacts/calendar syncing on the PC would disabled sync b/w DJO and native apps
    *Fixed an issue where email addresses wouldnt sync from the native contacts app
    *Fixed and issue where the website field would sync incorrectly
    *fixed an issue where task alarms synced from the PC would not ring
    *fixed an issue where all day annual recurring events synced one day early to the native calendar

Exclamation Features Please

Hello All,

I think you have a great intent in providing a power packed office suite!

I have two problems , which I hope you can address as I'm deciding between the Companion Link/DejaOffice combo and The Missing Sync/Fliq Calendar combos.

I am using Outlook 2010 on a PC running XP and the DroidX.

* I read here that there is a problem with merging contacts that are similar. That is a major issue for a business person!

* The overall look and feel of your Calendar app. I think that it's a very poor use of real estate. This is a deal breaker for me.
    - The All Day Event (which I rarely use) header is huge and takes up a lot of space from a small screen.
    - The icons for the different views are big, and again, a poor use of real estate. Other apps use a pop-up nav bar, or the menu button to pop up options for these functions. These are totally in the way.
    - The look and feel is not comfortable. I don't like the stock DroidX calender, but it looks GREAT... easy to read... it just looks clean and inviting.

You guys are great app developers, why can't you make your calendar more friendly to the eye?

I don't mean to sound overly critical, but honesty is the best policy when it comes to app development.

I hope that you could address these issues as my 14 day trial is going to run out in 12 days.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

AM

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    DejaOffice v1.4.0 (05/20/2010)

* Added display size options (Delightful, Business, Micro) under General Settings.
    * Various UI enhancements for DejaOffice edit/view screens.
    * Left/right swipe from Task details view will now move to next/previous task in the list.
    * Added context menus for list screens to allow two tap changes of Category, font size, and sort order.
    * Adding/updating/deleting an event in DejaOffice calendar will now automatically save to Android Calendar app.
    * When adding a new contact to DejaOffice, it will transfer to the Android Contacts app immediately.
    * Added option to toggle DejaOffice color scheme (light background/dark text, or dark background/light text).
    * Added task reminders.
    * Larger fonts and display for calendar.
    * Added option to create a new event by tapping on blank space in the DejaOffice calendar day view.
    * Added category colors in DejaOffice list screens.
    * Made phone numbers clickable in list view
    * Made email address clickable in list view
    * Added Settings options for long press throughout DejaOffice apps.
    * Fixed spacing issues with phone numbers and names running into each other
    * Added colors to "Categories" filter button in contact screen
    * Fixed a bug where part alarms would sometimes ring after a synchronization.
    * Fixed a bug where search was not ignoring spaces.
    * Fixed a bug where location and notes fields were stripped from Outlook when syncing with the native Android calendar.

Another calendar suggestion is to implement animation for flicking from day to day, etc. That's already present in the stock Android calendar. I never thought I'd miss that animation so much until now I have to watch the dates at the top of the screen to see if the day/week changed.

Thanks, and keep developing this app. It has terrific potential.

Nice suggestion. I'll add it to the list.

+ Reply to Thread