Thread: Phone in the pocket & DJO Alarms

Phone in the pocket & DJO Alarms

I have this need:

Keeping the phone in my trouser's front pocket, it would be better if DJO alarm wouldn't activate screen.

With Android 2.2.2 on my Defy, it was a little problem,
    now that I switched to Android 4.2.2 on Sony Xperia ZR this is becoming un-manageable:

If an alarm goes off while phone is in my pocket and, let's say, I'm walking, screen wakes up.
    Android 4.2.2 has the horrible lock screen widgets, camera and everything should NOT be in a REAL LOCK-SCREEN.

So, after a DJO alarm goes off, everything can happen in my pocket... pictures are taken, preferences are changed, applications are moved and many other unexpected behavior... and I know by the "click" sound that keeps coming from there...

To avoid this mess I have to: stop walking, carefully extracting phone holding it by its edges (no fingers on screen) and finally dismiss or pospone alarm.

It would be really good if alarm have an option to behave same as sms, keeping the screen off.
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

This will probably be helped by the change to using the Notification system for Android that is being worked on for DJO:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...ll=1#post13614
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

Thanks WhoWhatWhen, that sounds interesting...

In the meanwhile I locked the phone by a sequence instead of a swipe (no real lock), so the status bar is locked.
    Then I installed an app called "Lockscreen Policy" who can disable lock screen camera and widgets.

Now it's better.
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

Sure thing! And glad you figured out a work around!
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).