Thread: not deleting calendar items on droid

not deleting calendar items on droid

when i delete a calendar item in outlook, it is not getting deleted on my droid. using companion link and have checked settings to be sure delete both ways is checked. not sure what's causing this. used to work fine.

tblondi, welcome to the forum.

1) Check now to see if the system caught it at a later time. It is designed to do that.

2) In CompanionLink, look at the top menu bar. Select "Options", then uncheck "Optimized update sync". This will likely fix the problem.

We default to optimized sync. This works for most people. "Optimized" means that it only checks records that have changed. However, a deleted record has not changed, it disappears. Even worse, if you look in Outlook the Last Modified date is NOT updated when you delete it. So there is no flag.

What we do instead is check the record count. If the count decreases, then we run a non-optimized sync. This will catch deletes. Sometimes deletes are not caught for an hour or two, but they will sync eventually.

Non-Optimized sync takes a bit longer. An optimized sync reads records from the last sync time, a non-opimtimized sync reads all calendar records. For some people a resync Optimized takes 3 seconds, and non-optimized 10 seconds, so it is not a big thing to always read the full list. For other people it is 10 seconds vs 60 seconds.

3) In Outlook, be sure not to set it to remove Deleted Records when Outlook is closed. Optimized sync does check the deleted items folder, so if you remove the items, there's nothing to check. Keep deleted items around for 24 hours at least. That will help the system know which records are deleted.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks

Thanks...i will try those suggestions. very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    tblondi, welcome to the forum.

1) Check now to see if the system caught it at a later time. It is designed to do that.

2) In CompanionLink, look at the top menu bar. Select "Options", then uncheck "Optimized update sync". This will likely fix the problem.

We default to optimized sync. This works for most people. "Optimized" means that it only checks records that have changed. However, a deleted record has not changed, it disappears. Even worse, if you look in Outlook the Last Modified date is NOT updated when you delete it. So there is no flag.

What we do instead is check the record count. If the count decreases, then we run a non-optimized sync. This will catch deletes. Sometimes deletes are not caught for an hour or two, but they will sync eventually.

Non-Optimized sync takes a bit longer. An optimized sync reads records from the last sync time, a non-opimtimized sync reads all calendar records. For some people a resync Optimized takes 3 seconds, and non-optimized 10 seconds, so it is not a big thing to always read the full list. For other people it is 10 seconds vs 60 seconds.

3) In Outlook, be sure not to set it to remove Deleted Records when Outlook is closed. Optimized sync does check the deleted items folder, so if you remove the items, there's nothing to check. Keep deleted items around for 24 hours at least. That will help the system know which records are deleted.

I hope this information helps.

I recently updated CL for Outlook to build 7012, to Outlook 2016, and now I am having this issue where Calendar items deleted in Outlook do not delete on Android. This was not a problem using CL build 6048 and Outlook 2013. I've waited for the item to delete from Android at a later time and it has not. In CL build 7012, there is no option to uncheck "Optimized update sync" in the top menu. In Outlook, Deleted Records are not set to delete when Outlook is closed. I've read in other forum threads to try selecting "Transfer Completed Records" to Android in CL/Calendar Advanced settings, which I have done as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

trs001 - A recent update to DejaOffice was not refreshing the screen after some records got deleted. This has been fixed.

The workaround has been to go to Settings, DejaCalendar Settings, Rebuild Calendar display (2nd to the bottom).

The records were being deleted, but the cached display was already built and they were not being removed from the display. Processes that rebuild the cache display are sync, restart and an auto process that runs once a day