Thread: Feature Request: Option to Display Event Location in Calendar Views

Lightbulb Feature Request: Option to Display Event Location in Calendar Views

I don't use the Location field a ton, but when I do it would really help to have it displayed (particularly in Week and Day views). Even if it gets truncated it would still be useful to me. In my case just being able to see some of the Location information will quickly indicate to me important things about the nature of the appointment. I'm used to how Outlook displays this data and so am wanting something similar for DJO.

As always, thanks for your consideration!
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

I see that the Location data is now displayed in Day view. I'd love an option to have it display in Week view as well. I suggest making this a user-configurable option, as I imagine that some folks will not want this data displayed (as it would clutter things visually). But for my purposes it would be very helpful!

Location is undergoing a HUGE change. The views will be improved, with maps and pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Location is undergoing a HUGE change. The views will be improved, with maps and pictures...
    That sounds cool!

I should've clarified though that I primarily use the Location field in a non-standard way: I use it to denote when a meeting is a "Video Meeting" (as opposed to in person). So that's why I just want to be able to see some of the Location text in Week views, so that I can easily see which meetings are Video Meetings.

Will the upcoming changes include the above?

Just giving this a bump. I'd still love to have the option to display Location data in all Calendar Views, but especially Week View (as that is what I use the most)!

This made it into the PC (Windows) version of DejaOffice. Right now there are a few lead features there... Android and iPhone versions will follow to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    This made it into the PC (Windows) version of DejaOffice. Right now there are a few lead features there... Android and iPhone versions will follow to suit.
    Awesome -- glad to hear it!