Thread: Companionlink does not SYNC with Dejaoffice on Nokia Lumia 820 Win 8.0 using USB.

Companionlink does not SYNC with Dejaoffice on Nokia Lumia 820 Win 8.0 using USB.

I recently purchased CompanionLink 5 for Outlook (Unfortunately Without the TRIAL) to SYNC my outlook Contacts, Calendar, Notes & Tasks to DEJAOFFICE on my Nokia Lumia 820, Windows Phone 8.0 using DIRECT USB. I bought this product so that I can take advantage of DIRECT USB SYNC connection sin I am not comfortable going the "CLOUD" way.

Unfortunately, the SYNC is not working from day one.

The SYNC has to be started from the Phone and when I do that, it instructs me to connect the USB cable. As soon as the USB cable is connected the PC recognizes the phone and the Phone displays a message "Waiting for PC to Synchronize". AND THATS IT. Nothing happens after that even if I wait for hours.

I opened a ticket with Companionlink support two weeks back. Their instruction was to send them the log files which I did.
    So far they have not been able to resolve this issue. Now they are NOT EVEN responding to my emails.

I think I made a big mistake by buying this product before checking alternative products. As of now, I am stuck with a product that is NOT working at all. My advice is not to buy this product before testing it using the TRIAL version.

Hello,
    I'm very sorry to hear about USB sync issue and the lack of response. This is highly unusual, I will have to investigate what happened to your support ticket. I will help you resolve the USB sync issue. Would you please provide me with your email address or ticket number so I can look up your support ticket? Alternatively, would you provide me with your contact details and I will be in contact with you.

Ticket Number & my contact details

Ticket ID: IWZ-317-94505
    I have been interacting with Nathan V from Technical Support

My contact number is +1-224-567-2251
    Best time to contat me woul be tomorrow, Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:00 AM CDT onwards

Hi rp2013,
    were they able to solve your sync issue?
    (I had no success)

Support seems to be very weak with this product.

Bentley, welcome to the forums! Different technicians have different skills. However, we try to get folks matched up and issues solved. What issue are you having?

@rp2013,

Did this problem get resolved? My problem isn't that the sync doesn't start. It actually completes but won't sync accurately. I'm just curious how Deja resolved your problem for you. I'm evaluating the product and want to see whether Deja's tech support helps with these issues or if I bought the product I'd continue to be perplexed by what syncs and what doesn't.

Danp, this definitely got resolved.

The best way to contact tech support is to call (503)243-5200 hours 7am-4pm Pacific Time on weekdays. The team can help you out.