Thread: unable to access SD card

Question unable to access SD card

I am not very tech savvy so...
    The error message I get when I attempt to open DJOA is

Unable to access SD card. Unmount your device from the PC and change your USB connection type to charge only.

even when I am not connected to a PC, charger, or even have a cord plugged in.

This is majorly annoying as I haven't done a back up because I got tired of having my calendar entries multiplying every time I backed up my data - so I can't restore anything useful. There appears to be nothing wrong with the SD card as all other apps can access it just fine.

This error follows a long frustrating fight (starting shortly after activation) of

The application tethering manager (processcom.tecace.tetheringmanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

that occurs after every charging (I do not have a tethering or hotspot plan.) and I just "Force Close" - the two problems are probably unrelated.

I was able to live with the tethering fiasco, but now I can't get to calendar or contacts.

Can I remove the SD card and read the data to get a backup? Then reinstall DJOA? Suggestions?

Samsung-SGH-I897 (Galaxy S) with Gingerbread.UCKK4

Hi-

We'll want you to backup your data for safe keeping first, this is the best way to restore your data if there is an issue. Please follow the guide below to do this:

http://www.companionlink.com/support...droid_database

Also, let us know if the PIM you sync with is completely up to date.

Next, lets find out were DejaOffice is installed on the phone. We'll want the app to in installed on the internal memory of the phone, not an external SD card. To check, open your phone's Settings > Application Manager > search for DejaOffice > Do you see a "Move to SD card" option? (If so this is correct and you don't need to change anything) If not, select the option that states "Move to Internal Memory".

Let us know the result.

There is a "Move to USB storage" option. The other option is "clear data."

Same issue - how did you fix this?

I am having the same problem.

I sent a support request to DejaOffice and they wrote back to update my version from version 3.13 to 3.20 but it did nothing to fix this problem.

Did you ever get this fixed and how did you do it? Please share your solution

lobsterfisher and ebiznet; Have you been able to use DejaOffice using the native Phone storage.

If so, I recommend using phone storage and not SD Card for the data.

If not, the error gets thrown if DejaOffice cannot create the \clusb\ folder. see if it is there on your phone.

Count me in on this problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    lobsterfisher and ebiznet; Have you been able to use DejaOffice using the native Phone storage.

If so, I recommend using phone storage and not SD Card for the data.

If not, the error gets thrown if DejaOffice cannot create the \clusb\ folder. see if it is there on your phone.
    Has anyone figured this out? I do have \clusb\ on the internal memory of the phone, not on the SD card
    Last edited by mi2ca2nc; 01-22-2015 at 07:26 AM.

I just reinstalled the software and it seems to work fine now

Reset permissoins

Quote Originally Posted by mi2ca2nc View Post
    Has anyone figured this out? I do have \clusb\ on the internal memory of the phone, not on the SD card
    (Re)Setting permissions for the app worked for me (mine is stored internal). Not sure why but somewhere along the line permissions got reset to all off. In Apps Manager for DejaOffice, turned them permissions all on (although probably only need Storage). Should work instantly if that's the problem.