Thread: iphone 4 - Unable to connect to remote device

iphone 4 - Unable to connect to remote device

Hello,
    I have the above "internet error" while trying to sync Act 2009 to my iphone 4 running OS4.2
    Both are connect to my wireless router. Is this a firewall issue with the iphone?

Thanks in advance

It's unclear from your message whether you wish to use Wi-Fi sync or the Hosted Wireless Sync. There has been a lot of confusion in our screens, but these are very different solutions.

CompanionLink offers free technical support on weekdays between 7am and 6pm. You may want to give them a call. Also, here are some setup guides they offer:

Wi-Fi Sync (this is free but needs to be done using your home or office router)
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...hone_wifi.html

Hosted Wireless ($9.95) this is not location specific so you can sync while away from the office
    http://www.companionlink.com/support..._wireless.html

Sorry, Wi-FI sync is what I wanted.

Solved. I tried it this morning in the office and it worked. Must be an issue with my wireless router at home.
    Great product.
    Thanks

Great news! The trick with Wi-Fi sync is to insure your PC and your Device are mediated through the same router.

For instance, here at our office we have Wi-Fi and also a wired network. We find if the PC got it's IP assignment from the wired network, the Wi-Fi Sync won't work. That is because it's a mixed network.

We hope over time to find ways to pop better messages to show when the device and PC are connected and when they are not.

How to fix

Hi There,

I have this issue also. How do you rectify it?

Cheers,
    Ryan

DejaOffice Team
    Sometimes the "web server" running on the iPhone can get stuck. A simple way to restart it is to toggle b/w CL Wi-Fi sync, and CL Secure Hosted Sync in DJO/Settings/Sync. This restarts the "web server" which can clear up connection issues.