+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sync Thunderbird/Lightning to Android

Sync Thunderbird/Lightning to Android

Does anyone know how to sync Thunderbird/Lightning to an android smart phone? I used to use Outlook to Android Sync from a PC, but I've switched to a Mac. I've tried several approaches but I can't get them to work.

We've looked a doing Thunderbird sync, but have not done it yet. Maybe there's an opensource solution that would move data to Google

I've looked everywhere and can't find anything that works. But thanks for getting back.

Unless you are using Thunderbird for formatting or security purposes, Outlook 2011 (Mac) works much more seamlessly with DejaOffice, especially if you use Outlook and MS Office mobile on your Android device. It took me a while to understand the cloudsync process but once I figured it out it has essentially a PUSH feature that instantly updates in both directions. The only issue I have not been able to solve is getting DejaOffice to recognize the Notes feature in Outlook but I have only been using the product for about 2 weeks.

I am not a huge proponent of Microsoft but in this case they really do have a nice Mac/Android solution including Remote Desktop, VPN and other remote work options.

Just my $.0001,
    Duncan Staples
    Visual Nation

+ Reply to Thread