+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calendar seaches in WP8 DejaOffice?

Calendar seaches in WP8 DejaOffice?

There seems to be no way to search for items in DejaCalendar in my Nokia 1020 WP8. Only the option to go to a specific date. Is this by design?
    Windows 8.1 - Office 365/Outlook 2013 - Nokia Lumia 1020

I'm sorry for the difficulty. This issue has been sent to the developer and will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for putting a note here.

+1

Bump.

I really want this feature too. When is this next release? Any update? Thanks.

This would be very useful; I'm surprised it isn't there especially because there isn't a Windows Phone universal search.

DejaOffice on Windows Phone 8

Although the interface looks pretty (because everything on Windows Phone looks elegant,) the general feeling is that DJO for Windows Phone is an afterthought. So many functions missing, that it really ends up not doing the job.
    Windows 8.1 - Office 365/Outlook 2013 - Nokia Lumia 1020

Calendar search

I'm surprised that no-one has responded to danp and tom2014 pointing out that there is calendar search, just go to the List view (as opposed to Day, Week, Month or Year). However, as I pointed out in another thread there are significant problems with it.

Does anyone else share my concerns over the functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by dgm View Post
    I'm surprised that no-one has responded to danp and tom2014 pointing out that there is calendar search, just go to the List view (as opposed to Day, Week, Month or Year). However, as I pointed out in another thread there are significant problems with it.

Does anyone else share my concerns over the functionality?
    Thanks @dgm, I don't really use the list view, so I never saw the search icon there. So hopefully adding it to the other views isn't a big uplift.

However, now reading your reference and playing with the search, I completely share your concerns. I'm sorry, but the searches I've attempted on contacts and now on calendar aren't really useable. Basically, which I think mirrors your concerns, I'd like to search that searches everything regardless of field or time range and returns a list (ideally, highlighting the search terms in the list or the item once opened). I often search (on prior devices) for partial strings and comments attached to contacts/calendar appointments. This search seems to implemented as a filter as well, i.e. you type on a letter and it downselects, type another and so on. I'm not a programmer; but that seems to be much slower if you have any decent amount of data as it needs to keep rebuilding the results. I'd prefer to type a query and click search, wait a minute (I have a lot of records, a reasonable delay is acceptable), and then see my results.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I'm sorry for the difficulty. This issue has been sent to the developer and will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for putting a note here.
    I too am very disappointed to find that I cannot do a calendar search as I was able to do in the former version of DejaOffice. I rely heavily on that feature and would appreciate anything that could be done to enable it. I have a Lumia 8.1 and I just had the latest version of this program installed by the DejaVu technical team, so I know I must have the latest version. Please help!

+ Reply to Thread