Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: unreadable event in calendar day/week view with 15 minute events

unreadable event in calendar day/week view with 15 minute events

Latest DO version 2.5.9 (538)

Here
    -Fixed an issue where 15 minute events would not stack properly in DejaCalendar day view

leads to non readable text in these events due to the event's height beeing less than text height.
    This should be reverted (was o.k. in 2.5.9 (534))

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

Arno, we are going to see if anyone else comments here.

We adjusted the default height due to customer requests. I'll look into maybe using a smaller font. But I'm not agreeing that a 10 minute appointment should show as 30 minutes just to accommodate the font height.

I'll see what we can do to make it more readable.

Yes, I completely agree with ProTel-BS. 15 minute events are now totally unreadable in the calendar day view in 2.5.9. I am glad 10 minute and 15 minute events no longer show as tall as 30 minute events but they must be readable!
    Mobile Device: OnePlus 5
    Android Version: 8.1
    DJO Version: 4.4.14 (build 1104)
    CompanionLink Build: 8024
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync
    Android Contacts Sync Account: DejaOffice
    Computer OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

I would think the only way to properly deal with this is to make the actual interval of the grid user adjustable. A grid cell could be set for 15 minutes, meaning people with a lot of 15 minute appointments would have to scroll more. Just thinking out loud. Thankfully, I don't have 15 minute appointments (though I have some hour appointments that only take 15 mintes because I am in charge ).
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

I just downloaded the 2.6.0 (539) BETA and unfortunately, this display problem still exists. I have so many 15 minute events that DJO is almost unusable for me. I may have to revert to a previous version.

I've made a priority to get something in the next beta update. I think we'll try a smaller font first...

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I've made a priority to get something in the next beta update. I think we'll try a smaller font first...
    I certainly appreciate your attention to this urgent matter. I'm concerned that a smaller font for the 15 minute appointments might look weird alongside the other appointments with a larger font. Consider expanding the scaling of the entire calendar in the day view.

Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I certainly appreciate your attention to this urgent matter. I'm concerned that a smaller font for the 15 minute appointments might look weird alongside the other appointments with a larger font. Consider expanding the scaling of the entire calendar in the day view.
    Actually, I made the same suggestion in this thread a week or more ago, but it has languished in the random-post-waiting-for-a-mod bin, never to be seen again. That would make the folks with 15 minute appointments have to scroll more, but seems a good compromise that wouldn't affect those who don't. I'm just not sure how difficult putting in adjustable grid scaling is, but would be a handy feature.

One question I would ask is, if you have 15 minute appointments, why not use list view? Is there an advantage to using Day view? (Not being critical, just curious. I don't have 15 minute appointments, although some that I control end up being that short ). <-- I probably made that joke in the old binned message.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Hook, I simply prefer the look and feel of the Day View over the List View. If adjustable grid scaling is not possible, I would be okay with doubling the height of each time slot. Yes, that would cause more scrolling but at least 15 min appointments would be legible.

Most calendars I've used don't have a problem with legibly displaying 15 min appointments. Let's just model the way some of them do it.

Ok, our developer has modified the font so we'll see if this is acceptable. Look for a change in the next update.