Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot get Samsung calendar to synch with DJO calendar

Cannot get Samsung calendar to synch with DJO calendar

Greetings!

I have had DJO for a few weeks now and like the product so far.

While I can get contacts and notes to synch with my Microsoft Outlook, I cannot get the calendar app that comes with my Samsung S4 mini to share entries with the DJO calendar and then send it to Outlook. I prefer to use the calendar that came with this phone as my main calendar as I am used to its format.

Any way I can get the Samsung calendar to synch to the DJO calendar? Any information you can provide would be most helpful.

Thanks!

** Stu **

Native calendar syncing with DJO has always been problematic. Most of us in this forum no longer attempt to sync DJO with the native calendar app on our phone.
    Mobile Device: OnePlus 5
    Android Version: 8.1
    DJO Version: 4.4.14 (build 1104)
    CompanionLink Build: 8024
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync
    Android Contacts Sync Account: DejaOffice
    Computer OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

Stu:

Why would you even want to bother with the native calendar? DJO has much more to offer! I can't remember when I did use the native calendar --and that goes way back to the my old Palm M515! I used Pimlico's DateBook. So enjoy your S4 and use DJO. I'm getting ready to jump from my Razr Maxx to an S4 next month. And you can bet my DJO will be jumping with me!
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

Stu welcome to the forum.

To sync with the native Calendar do the following:

1. In DejaOffice Settings, Sync Settings, go to about the 8th entry "Sync with Android Calendar App". Check this box.

2. For Account choose "DejaOffice" for best result.

3. On Main menu choose "Read Android Data" if it appears, or "Sync" if the read option is not there (it differs depending on your sync method).

This should populate your Android calendar. We don't entirely recommend the Android Calendar. In particular, be cautious about changing Recurring events, since recurring exception formats are not the same between Outlook and Android. However, you should be able to view the events, and utilize other calendar tools like Google Now that read the Android Calendar.

why need andoid cal/contacts

I ust started using a Note II, and I come from the Blackberry world, so it is frustrating that stuff I took for granted does not work or exist. But unless I am doing something wrong, I need the andrid contacts for the phone, when I am on the phone screen and press contacts, I can only see entries from the android contacts.

And the calendar, I have other apps that connect to the calendar, and they have no way to do so with DJO. What am I supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by tbv View Post
    I ust started using a Note II, and I come from the Blackberry world, so it is frustrating that stuff I took for granted does not work or exist. But unless I am doing something wrong, I need the andrid contacts for the phone, when I am on the phone screen and press contacts, I can only see entries from the android contacts.

And the calendar, I have other apps that connect to the calendar, and they have no way to do so with DJO. What am I supposed to do?
    tbv-

Speaking in terms of a device native sync, DejaOffice is only going to sync directly with the native applications. The app will not sync with any other third party application on the device, unless that third party app also syncs with the native android applications. Unfortunately, syncing with multiple sync services is usually not recommended as duplicates can arise, so doing that is best to be avoided.

Otherwise, are you having any other specific issues getting DejaContacts and DejaCalendar to sync to the native Android app?

aynching

The other apps ONLY sync with the native android. I have no problem making the other apps a one way read-only sync, but I cannot get DJO and android to sync. Everyone here was advising people to forget about the native ndroid, I cannot do that.

Under the sync preferences if I check to sync with android cal/contacts, what happens is when a sync is initiated Companionlink waits for the internal android sync, which will be forever. If in DJO the Note 2 freezes on a blank DJO black screen, if not in DJO it still freezes the same. It requires a phone reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by tbv View Post

Hi, tbv.
    I am not sure of the Note II, but on the Note III what you are saying is not true. It seems to me that if you install DejaContacts, the DejaContacts appear in your phone list with a little icon that identifies them as Deja contacts. Android (native) contacts appear with a different icon (or none at all depending if they are just stored on phone or in the contact database, I think. At least that's how it worked with my Note III. I also figured out how to replace the native Android contacts and Android calendar link icons on the home page of my Galaxy Note II so that now it is the Deja Contacts and calendar instead, so I don't accidentally go into the native apps.

I'm using Companionlink to sync my Outlook to Deja Contacts and Deja Calendar - and it appears to be working very well. The Deja Contacts and the Deja Calendar are superior even to my Blackberry contacts and calendar (which I didn't think was possible - I was greatly afeared that when my Blackberry died my ability to manage contacts and calendars would be hampered by Android, but with Deja Contacts and Calendar I discovered even MORE capabilities that even Blackberry didn't have, like syncing my Outlook categories!).

Companionlink can ALSO sync internally with native contacts and calendar, but I don't think you have to do that. After working with it for several weeks, I think it might be better to not do the internal sync. That way, if you accidentally get into the native apps, the fact that they are blank remind you not to enter items there - to go instead into Deja Contacts. I'm going to switch mine around to do it that way for a while and see how it works.
    CJ

still problem

Nope. Other things I install, like Whatsapp, behave exactly as you describe. They become part of the contacts with the appropriate icon - whether I want that or not. Only DJO does not do that.

And I emphasize again that if I solve the contacts problem, I still have apps that must read the android calendar. They cannot be set to read a different calendar as far as I can tell. But if DJO appeared in my contacts I would be halfway home.

Synching between DJO and CRM with companionlink I have working. I need 2 things: DJO contacts to appear and the ability of an app to read the android calendar.

In fact if I open the native contacts app, there is a menu setting for which contact list to display (you select all or one of them, you cannot mix and match.) If I select DejaOffice, NO CONTACTS show. Android c ontacts believes there are no DJO contacts. Same with the calendar, DJO is checked but it thinks there are none. There is also an option in native to sync a calendar, but again the native apps think there are no DJO entries.

Previously I had checked the sync with android options in DJO, but made the phone crash hard.

I seriously wish I could get less advice on why not to use the native stuff and find somebody who can tell me why DJO is not working as it should.