Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot get Samsung calendar to synch with DJO calendar

I did not mean that to sound so harsh, just a little frustrated.

Forget it, I thought maybe DJO was messed up, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. Now all I can get when I try and open it is a frozen black screen of death. Unbelievably, I found a thread here with the frozen black screen, and in that thread, after nothing worked, djo sent the poster a pm how to get a log file. Does not do me much good.

Update: Found this which got me as far so far as opening DJO:
    OK...figured it out. Seems the native android contacts were transferring/updating and somehow corrupted the dejaoffice database. This also took up a huge amount of disk space (internal hd) as the process would start over and repeat duplicating contacts upon contacts.

Solution: go into Application Manager, select Contatcs (android native). Selecet "Stop Running" then also select to delete cache and all data. This will clear all contacts (including duplicates). DejaOffice will now open. Re-Sync and you should be back to normal.
    Last edited by tbv; 04-27-2014 at 08:57 AM.

tbv, you may want to completely uninstall and reinstall DJO by following these steps:
    1. Uninstall DJO from your device
    2. Delete the "clusb" folder from your sdcard
    3. Reboot device
    4. Reinstall DJO from www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp
    5. Resync device

DJO is working flawlessly on my Galaxy S3.
    Mobile Device: OnePlus 5
    Android Version: 8.1
    DJO Version: 4.4.14 (build 1104)
    CompanionLink Build: 8024
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync
    Android Contacts Sync Account: DejaOffice
    Computer OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

I do not have that folder, but uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling gets me the black frozen screen in the app. It is going to be hard to solve my problems when I cannot reinstall the app.

I tried another reboot, and now my contacts shows "updating contacts" forever until the phone runs out of drive space. Now I have to figure that out. Life was OK with this until I installed DJO

Update: Phone when connected to pc shows 100 mg free out of 16 gig, but examing all the files and folders does not add up to more than 500 meg. I should have never tried an android. The contacts now always shows updating contact list and I have a useless PDA which worked fine before DJO

Update: I stopped the runaway contacts process. But syncing via compnaionlink is the reason I have the phone. I am going to try one more time to install DJO

Update: I have installed DJO. I am going to sync first without the native app sync checked and see what happens, Q: in the accounts, why can I not change the dejaoffice name or add a new name? also, under the dejaoffice account, there are 2 sync properties, contacts and calendar, what happens if i check those?
    Last edited by tbv; 04-27-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbv View Post
    I do not have that folder, but uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling gets me the black frozen screen in the app. It is going to be hard to solve my problems when I cannot reinstall the app.

I tried another reboot, and now my contacts shows "updating contacts" forever until the phone runs out of drive space. Now I have to figure that out. Life was OK with this until I installed DJO
    It is my understanding that DJO for Android is always installed in a folder called clusb located in the phone's internal memory/sdcard. Deleting this folder forces a clean reinstall.

Please provide your phone model, Android version, etc. as I've done in my signature so others may be able to help you further.
    Mobile Device: OnePlus 5
    Android Version: 8.1
    DJO Version: 4.4.14 (build 1104)
    CompanionLink Build: 8024
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync

You are correct, the folder is on the internal storage and I was able to install DJO and sync. That leaves me again with my 2 original problems:

1. The DJO contacts do not appear unless I actually sync with the native android app, which usually crashes. I can set DejeOffice to display, but it does not.

2. Same issue with calendars. I have other calendars I need, and I can always enter and view events across calendars -- except DJO. Even if I enter a DJO even on another calendar, it will never appear in DJO, and vice versa. Only if I sync to the native calendar -- and even then the DJO calendar type does nothing.

The companionlink part works OK.

Mobile Device: T-Mobile Samsung Note 2
    DJO Version: 2.5.9
    CompanionLink Build: Ver 5 latest build
    Syncing with: Goldmine
    Sync Method: Wireless

You are correct, the folder is on the internal storage and I was able to install DJO and sync. That leaves me again with my 2 original problems:

1. The DJO contacts do not appear unless I actually sync with the native android app, which usually crashes. I can set DejeOffice to display, but it does not.

2. Same issue with calendars. I have other calendars I need, and I can always enter and view events across calendars -- except DJO. Even if I enter a DJO even on another calendar, it will never appear in DJO, and vice versa. Only if I sync to the native calendar -- and even then the DJO calendar type does nothing.

I don't sync the Android Calendar.
    But I do sync the DJO office contacts with the Android contacts, and that works properly.
    This way, other apps access the android calendar, like VoIP apps, and that works ok.

But I would say be cautious with that, if you have a complicated Outlook contacts database. Mine is large and complex, with lots of formatting. So I only Sync from Outlook->Android(Deja), and to be honest I generally just wipe and overwrite the Contacts each time.
    Syncing 2 ways with contacts, if you have lots of formatting, can create serious trouble.
    and if you add the Android calendar to that...asking for trouble.

Its not like the Palm or Blackberry, where it was all planned out only for one device.
    DJO is trying to work on all devices, so the only way it works is to keep it as simple as possible.

I tried to reply but it says the message requires admin approval, not sure if number of posts or what triggers that. I can post now, so maybe it was a hour/day limit.

I have DJO back up and running and synching to the CRM/PC. However I still have my two big problems.

1. The DJO contacts will not appear in the phone/contacts no matter what I do or set.

2. I have an app that I need that reads the calendar. I thought it was only able to read the native cal, but I now think that just like the contacts are not "integrated", neither is the calendar. (Side note that I am not sure if this is supposed to work on android: put a calendar entry into native cal, but mark it a DJO calendar type entry, and have it appear in DJO also.)

Samsung Note 2 (model sgh-t889)
    Android 4.3
    djo 2.5.9
    clink 5 latest build
    sync wireless to goldmine
    Last edited by tbv; 04-27-2014 at 10:40 PM.