Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cannot get Samsung calendar to synch with DJO calendar

Sorry for the delay, the forum limited my posts.

The contacts tab under Phone will only use the android contacts, so synching to that is 100% essential. But the native sync can take hours and locks up the phone, or at the very least slows it to the point of minimum usability. Tech support had me put a new entry into DejaContacts to see if it went to the android contacts. It did, but it took 1-2 minutes and locks the phone. Even a minor edit does the same thing. In a Blackberry, I could just replace the native phone contacts with a different program, suuch as DJO, but in android that does not seem possible.

I only have 4900, I have trimmed down. On my BB Bold, a tiny device compared to my phone now, I had 10,000 contacts and it never broke a sweat. This is simply silly. What possible use is DJO if the phone does not recognize the contacts? And what possible use is it if syncing to the native contacts makes my phone unusable half the time, and even changing a phone number locks the phone for 2 minutes? I sent tech support logs, but have not heard back since I sent them a couple days ago.

Samsung Note 2
    DJO 2.5.9
    CL: latest verion 5
    Goldmine
    android 4.3

Try upgrading to the new 3.1.2 BETA as it is working flawlessly for me.

I use Bluetooth (2-way) syncing between Outlook and the native android contacts on my phone. Currently, I have 3500 contacts.

I do not sync with the native Android calendar due to the many problems I've experienced in the past. The DJO calendar is the only one I use on my phone.

All of my Outlook contacts and calendar appointments sync and show up perfectly on my phone. I hope you are able to resolve your challenges so you too can enjoy this DJO goodness!
    Last edited by sjamie; 05-02-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Mobile Device: OnePlus 5
    Android Version: 8.1
    DJO Version: 4.4.14 (build 1104)
    CompanionLink Build: 8024
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync
    Android Contacts Sync Account: DejaOffice
    Computer OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

How did you get the DJO contacts to show up on the phone contacts without syncing to the native android contact app? In my phone when I press contacts I get nothing at all except whatever is in the native contacts. I have it set to display all accounts. I am not interested in using the native app per se, I just need the contacts to show in the phone for dialing out and find it also for incoming calls.

p.s. interesting that play store says there is no upgrade. Should I get it from their website?
    Last edited by tbv; 05-02-2014 at 12:36 PM.

I am also running a Samsung Android, and now it is working perfectly.

If you have everything backed up, what I do when syncs get messed up, is that I WIPE the device, and resync from Outlook to the device.
    If that doesn't work, I go in and delete the actual Deja database.

Once something gets corrupted, I always just delete it and start fresh.

This new Deja is working great.
    I also don't sync to the Android calendar, as I don't want Google to start syncing all my details to some Google calendar I don't even use or know exists. I just use the Deja calendar only

He must sync to the contacts.
    He said he didn't sync to the Android Calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by tbv View Post
    How did you get the DJO contacts to show up on the phone contacts without syncing to the native android contact app? In my phone when I press contacts I get nothing at all except whatever is in the native contacts. I have it set to display all accounts. I am not interested in using the native app per se, I just need the contacts to show in the phone for dialing out and find it also for incoming calls.

p.s. interesting that play store says there is no upgrade. Should I get it from their website?
    I DO sync with the native android contacts app but I DON'T sync with the Android calendar.
    Mobile Device: OnePlus 5
    Android Version: 8.1
    DJO Version: 4.4.14 (build 1104)
    CompanionLink Build: 8024
    Syncing with: Outlook 2010
    Sync Method: DejaCloud Sync
    Android Contacts Sync Account: DejaOffice
    Computer OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit)

The 3.1.2 is beta version only available from the DejaOffice downloads website page. You need to allow install from unknown sources. I find that you need to use an alternative to the Chrome browser as I find it blocks the download!

I hope this helps.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

The new APK came for me by pressing update in the Deja homescreen in the "release notes".

Maybe I am not explaining well. I need the phone to show my contacts. It only does that if I sync to the native android contacts app. However doing that is not practical because it bogs down the phone to the pointmiot seems locked. Even editing a single contact within DJO, with syncing turned on to the android contacts, takes 1-3 minutes. I do not need to reinstall, all that done and then done again with DJO tech support.

I simply need the contacts to appear in the phone. It seemed like sjamie was saying the phone could use DJO contacts directly, if that is true, it does not work for me. I sent logs to tech support but have not heard back. Are you saying yoyur DJO contacts show in the phone? If not, I need a way to sync to the native android app. If they do appear, I need a way to fix DJO so it does that.

well, obviously you need to talk to tech support, its up to them to fix it.

But I can't make sense of what you are saying.

On my setup, Companionlink syncs to DejaContacts and deja office directly. All of the Outlook contacts are there.
    Then if you press the sync to Android contacts INSIDE THE SYNC SETTINGS FOR THE DEJA application, those Deja contacts are copied over to the Android contacts automatically.
    Then the exact same contacts can be viewed either in Deja Contacts, or in the Android Contacts.

But if I press the Android settings, then press DejaOffice in Accounts, the "sync contacts" is DISABLED. The sync comes from inside Deja office, not from those Android settings.

That being said, my Contacts sync would FREEZE like you were saying before this new beta release, so I didn't sync them, I just would wipe and overwrite them each time.