Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching DJO from one phone to another

Switching DJO from one phone to another

In the next week I will be retiring my RAZR Maxx and switching to a Galaxy S4. I would like to make this switch as easy as possible and I want to know if I should transfer any DJO files or folders from my RAZR sd card to the new sd card, e.g., the CLUSB folder or should I just do a complete initial install of DJO v.2.5.9 and run a full sync?

Is there anything in particular I should watch out for setting up DJO on a Galaxy S4?

I am using CompanionLink 5 build 5080.

Is there anything to be gained by upgrading to Companion Link 6? I am very happy with CL5, it has worked for all my needs for 2 years.

As in the past, thanks for your assistance.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 9 (Pie)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8042) downloaded & installed 8/15/19 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

Quote Originally Posted by RJLOMMD View Post
    In the next week I will be retiring my RAZR Maxx and switching to a Galaxy S4. I would like to make this switch as easy as possible and I want to know if I should transfer any DJO files or folders from my RAZR sd card to the new sd card, e.g., the CLUSB folder or should I just do a complete initial install of DJO v.2.5.9 and run a full sync?

Is there anything in particular I should watch out for setting up DJO on a Galaxy S4?

I am using CompanionLink 5 build 5080.

Is there anything to be gained by upgrading to Companion Link 6? I am very happy with CL5, it has worked for all my needs for 2 years.

The easiest way of getting the data on your new phone is really to just complete a sync with the new device. You'll want to make sure that the Outlook database is completely up to date, new phone is setup to sync via the same sync method you've been using in the past, then complete a wipe and reload on the first sync (it ensures a one way sync for the first time).

1. Open CompanionLink Setup on the PC.
    2. Select 'Options' > 'Wipe all records . . . before next sync.'
    3. Perform a synchronization like normal.

The most important step to remember with an ADB sync is to make sure that USB debugging is turned on.

If version 5.0 of Companionlink has been working for you, then that's perfect for you and your current sync method and you should continue to use it. However, we will no longer be making significant updates to version 5.0, so any new features, (ie automatic WIFI pairing, etc) we add to the application will not be added. It may be more necessary for you to update later on when you update Outlook or phones again.

For a complete list of the new features available in Companionlink 6.0 you can refer to the page below:

http://www.companionlink.com/support..._Release_Notes

Question Getting ready to switch devices...

Later this week I will be retiring my RAZR Maxx and switching to a Galaxy S4. And as I said in an earlier post, I would like to make this switch as easy as possible and I want to know if I should transfer any DJO files or folders from my RAZR sd card to the new sd card, e.g., the CLUSB folder or should I just do a complete initial install of DJO v.2.5.9 and run a full sync?

Also with a newer phone is there anything to be gained by upgrading to Companion Link 6?

I thought I had already posted this on Friday but I don't see it, so just in case I goofed, I'm trying to post it again. I can't remembner if there is a delay while you review submitted posts.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 9 (Pie)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8042) downloaded & installed 8/15/19 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

RJOLMDD, I'm sorry for the delay. For some reason your post got moderated, even though it doesn't contain a link. I just don't understand vBulletin sometimes. Sean had already replied...

It looks now like I will be receiving my Galaxy S5 tomorrow (Friday). I will be following Sean's directions but I have one question. I really would like to be able to have the calendar load items from 1 January 2012. And with a 32GB SD card, I'm really not too concerned about space! How do I make that happen?

It looks now like I will be receiving my Galaxy S5 tomorrow (Friday). I will be following Sean's directions but I have one question. I really would like to be able to have the calendar load items from 1 January 2012. And with a 32GB SD card, I'm really not too concerned about space! How do I make that happen?
    There is a setting in Companion Link (under Advanced, I think... I keep trying too answer questions when I'm at work and don't have it in front of me ) that allows you to set how many days back to sync. Put in whatever number you need. The more days, the longer the first sync will take, but it will be fine after that.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Hi

What you need is Settings/ Advanced/ Calendar from the Main CL screen
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Thank you Hook and Cecil! I think I've found the spot. And there is no limit? Except of course for the first sync, right?2014-04-10 16.19.45.jpg

Thank you Hook and Cecil! I think I've found the spot. And there is no limit? Except of course for the first sync, right?2014-04-10 16.19.45.jpg
    That's correct. I haven't tested beyond 2 years, but I believe, if it is limited,it is only by the number of digit places the field allows. I'm pretty sure I've seen references to syncing 10 years, though I can't recall the source.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Thank you, Hook. So, as I understand it, the very first sync I do with the S5 will be to 1)"Wipe all records" and 2)set the days to sync to 730 so I can get 2 years of calendar data initially synced to the S5. Then I should reduce the number of days to perhaps 90 for subsequent syncs? Am I correct that once the data for 2 years is synced to the S5 it will stay there even if I reduce the number of days to sync thereafter? I mean, if I change the setting to 90, will the sync delete all the earlier entries from the phone?