Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switching DJO from one phone to another

Quote Originally Posted by RJLOMMD View Post
    Thank you, Hook. So, as I understand it, the very first sync I do with the S5 will be to 1)"Wipe all records" and 2)set the days to sync to 730 so I can get 2 years of calendar data initially synced to the S5. Then I should reduce the number of days to perhaps 90 for subsequent syncs? Am I correct that once the data for 2 years is synced to the S5 it will stay there even if I reduce the number of days to sync thereafter? I mean, if I change the setting to 90, will the sync delete all the earlier entries from the phone?
    No need to change the number unless you decide not to use the optimize sync option. Only the first sync will be long. After that, CL just looks for changes. All that old stuff won;t be changing, so it won't slow you down. I think you are right, as long as you don't do a "wipe all Android data before syncing," lowering the number won't get rid of the older stuff you synced (though I've never tested that hypothesis), but there really is no reason to change that number.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

I seem to have had success, but I had to check DJO's specific notes about SAMSUNG sync-ing. Once I did I realized that I had to use the Direct USB (Mass Storage Mode). And I've had 3 successful syncs with all of my data for the past 3 years intact!

Thanks again for your support!
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 9 (Pie)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8042) downloaded & installed 8/15/19 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail