Thread: DejaOffice if iPhone/iPad - Plans, release schedule, upcoming

Post DejaOffice if iPhone/iPad - Plans, release schedule, upcoming

Welcome to our Forums!

Current App Store build is 1.4.1.

Next release is 1.4.2 - We expect this to be released by March 15th, 2013

Comments welcome. This post is sticky. This update March 3, 2013

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 03-03-2013 at 01:56 PM.

June schedule is on target. Keep faith.

For June c), apparently Steve's goody pack was mostly hardware stuff. Front facing camera and higher DPS. I look forward to iPhone 4, but it doesn't impact the data management side much.

For now, it looks like we'll meet our goal of Alarms (thanks to the new notification API) and Calendar integration, right on time for iPhone 4 launch on June 21. Everyone with iPhone 3, and 3gs will be able to do an OS upgrade to 4. Indeed I'm running 4 on my inhouse development device. All systems go.

DejaOffice 1.0.5 is available in the App Store now. The release notes are below. This release includes the same type of context menus as the Tap and Hold ones in DJO for Android, except you just select the category bar or list screen title to get to it.

DejaOffice 1.0.5

* Added context menus for each mini-app. This allows for quick selection of sorting and filtering options.

* Added text size options for each mini app (Micro-Smallest, Business-Medium, and Normal-Large)

* Added new filtering options to Tasks (Next 7 Days, Last 7 Days, Today, Overdue)

* Added all new Edit/View screens

* Added new colors for categories

* Added Japanese language translations

* Contacts and Notes now show 2 lines of text per entry

* Fixes an issue with ACT! contact notes not syncing to DejaContacts

DejaOffice Team Member
    DejaOffice 1.1 is now available in the App Store.

DejaOffice 1.1:

---New for iOS 4.0 devices---
    1) added native iPhone calendar app syncing to DejaCal
    2) added calendar alarms for DejaCal
    3) fixed an issue where Wi-Fi Sync would crash
    4) fixed an issue where the categories app would crash

---Additional features/fixes for all devices---
    *changed "no category" color to light grey
    *improved contact list view spacing
    *URLs are now linkable from contact notes
    *phone numbers now auto format in DejaContacts
    *added text to each day in the month view
    *added context menu buttons to Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes
    *removed the loading bars from startup
    *fixed an issue where task notes would not sync via Wi-Fi

DejaOffice for iPhone/iPad 1.1.1 is available in the App Store now. Release notes are below.

DejaOffice 1.1.1
    * Fixed an issue saving calendar events on iOS 3.x devices.
    * Fixed an issue setting task due dates on iPad.

Improve Ipad sync-

My experience with wifi sync is less than satisfactory with ipad. I suggest you fix the various issues with synchronization of the ipad....it appears to me that the majority of people that are syncing ipad with dejaoffice thru companipnlink are unsuccessful (based upon these forums and numerous blogs).

and lets be straight here, wifi adds factors that aren't ideal for syncing.

Any update on the iPad DJO? I just bought an iPad and paid the difference to upgrade to CL Pro in order to sync both with my Outlook. I love the Android DJO.. hoping to see more out of iPad DJO...

Thanks for all the work on all fronts!
    Jim

I love DejaOffice (I have the iPhone version). I was wondering if you're planning the ability to change among the various apps within Deja Office with tabs instead of the extra step of having to hit the home button. For example, each app (contacts, calendar,tasks, etc.) would be represented at the bottom with a tab. To go from one to another, you just have to hit the tab. This way, you don't have to hit HOME to see all the apps before going to the app you want.

Hmmm, had not thought of that. I'm sure it will make my iphone team barf at the complexity of the UI. I'll post it. We're still working on usability of the individual apps. 1.1.2 will be out soon with rewritten Contacts and Calendar. Tasks and Notes after that.

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    Hmmm, had not thought of that. I'm sure it will make my iphone team barf at the complexity of the UI. I'll post it. We're still working on usability of the individual apps. 1.1.2 will be out soon with rewritten Contacts and Calendar. Tasks and Notes after that.
    Thanks. If you think about it, the way DejaOffice is currently configured (having to hit the home button to see all the apps as you transfer from app to app) isn't much different from using the native PIM apps on the iPhone (You have to hit the home button on the iPhone to go between apps). Having tabs would give an advantage to DejaOffice. Agendus does this, but the rest of the app still doesn't work very well--and Agendus doesn't have all the apps you have.