+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DejaVoice for Android in Google Play store now.

DejaVoice for Android in Google Play store now.

DJVA and DJTA are released.

DejaVoice: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fice.dejavoice

DejaVoice is Voice dictation - hands free dictation and editing. Check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27r5NwBIRn0

Today; DejaVoice dictates in English only. This is an oversight we will fix shortly. So if you want to dictate in French or German, please download DejaTranslate.

DejaTranslate: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....dejatranslate

For a video please tap on the video link in the Google Play listing. It will amaze you!

I took first-year french 4 times in my life. Twice in High School, once in College, and once while I was living in Japan. What I would have given for something like this, that can breeze off practice sentences, conjugate verbs and listen patiently to my horrible accent. Aside from Japanese where I'm somewhat conversational, I've also learned a bit of German, Hungarian, and recently a bit of Italian.

So what this project represents is the voice input system that will be combined with DejaOffice. By making these as separate apps, we've been allowed a play space that is not tied down to Due Dates or Time Zones or Categories or the thousand things in DejaOffice. We've learned how to accept and parse continuous voice feeds using threaded processing, how to push it through SR engines in real time, and how to push it out as TTS from both Android and iPhones. We will retain these apps as separate (and simpler) platforms although this entire engine will soon be part of DejaOffice.

The iPhone versions are pending Apple approval. So for iPhone users, you have only a week or so to wait for your versions.

So please give these a try. If you have comments share them. If you like these, please add stars and support us in the app store. Thanks!

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    April 17, 2014
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 04-17-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Has anyone tried it yet? I see our download counts go up...

I'm trying DejaVoice out now. I'll let you know what I think in a couple of days.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I just left a 5 star review for this app. This is really an amazing app. I can't wait to see how it integrates with Deja Office. I don't currently use dictation a lot, being that I commute on public trains and don't spend a lot of time in a car, but this has me wanting to use dictation and voice note editing more, especially in planning my writing projects.

I've figured out most of the things I'm using initially, although there is a lot more to explore. One thing I can't figure out, and I don't see in anywhere in the online documentation... in the editing bar underneath a text blob, what is the dot with an arrow going one direction or another?

I love apps that feel like they are the result of a Dev creating a tool they needed and decided to share rather than the result of going after a market.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Woot! Thanks.

Dot with an arrow - Add period or subtract it from the current word
    ? Mark - Help - so it gives a hint what the items are...

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Woot! Thanks.

Dot with an arrow - Add period or subtract it from the current word
    ? Mark - Help - so it gives a hint what the items are...
    Doh! Okay, that's embarrassing. I completely missed the question mark for some reason. Perfect!

Hi: Just downloaded and used DejaVoice first time..

What is logging? Does the SMS go through SMS phone plan or some other way? I don't have an SMS as my girlfriends will run up a bill on me, so free send is good.
    Looks like voice entries do not go into dejajournal. Will that happen soon?

DejaOffice Android will be getting DejaVoice capabilities between release 3.1.3 and 3.1.5. It will be a stepped process. Look for these changes between Oct 2014 and Mar 2015.

I'll let you know what I think in a couple of days.

+ Reply to Thread