Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merging Galaxy S4 Contacts with DJO

To sync the DJO contacts with the Android contacts, in DJO settings, Sync setting, you check 'sync with Android contacts App".

sync one way from Outlook->Android DJO for contacts. (those are in the Applications options for Companionlink).

That box is checked. but still not all DO contacts are in the native database. Someone mentioned deleting all of the contacts in the native database and then "starting over". What do you think about this? Obviously I don't want to disturb my Outlook Contacts database, so I'm very concerned about doing the above.

Not sure if if you have checked the native contacts display settings on your phone. In the Contacts app there is a setting to choose which accounts to display.

If you want to delete native contacts, the first thing to do is to make sure that you make a backup of your Outlook PST file. Search the internet for instructions if you are not sure and know how to restore your backup.

That's just insurance. What is suggested below should not affect your outlook files.

If you delete the native contacts and then set Companionlink to overwrite Android (this is a one time option and resets after the sync) this should achieve what you after. Hopefully the internal sync should repopulate the native contacts.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

KimS, our telephone support people can help you with anything you are concerned with. Give them a call at (503)243-5200 hours 7am-4pm Pacific Time M-F.

thanks, it now works about 98%. There are a few contacts in Outlook & DJO contact data base that won't show up in the native contacts. I have entered one of them manually to see if stays there after my next sync. I happen to use that particular contact for one of my speed dial #s