+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Import a .vcf / vcard into DejaOffice Android

Import a .vcf / vcard into DejaOffice Android

How do I import a .vcf (from an iPhone) or an Outlook vcard into DejaOffice on an Android (Galaxy Note3 With Android 4.4.2). The .vcf import goes to the "Phone" but not to Deja Contacts where I need it o be.
    Thanks

I don't believe Deja Office imports vcf. Would be helpful to know more about what you are trying to do. Sounds like you have data on an iPhone and Outlook you want to get on your Note 3. Seems the easiest thing would be to use Outlook to import the vcf contacts from the iPhone and then sync to DJO or to use Companion Link to first move the data from the iPhone to Outlook and then change the profile to sync to DJO on your Note 3.

Can you clarify?
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I know it will sync Outlook, obviously, but if someone texts a .vcf from an iPhone, which happens a lot, I cannot directly push it to DejaContacts. I first have to import to the "Phone"...cut and past the info into DejaContacts, then delete the "Phone" entry. I haven't done an Outlook vcard as yet, tho I suspect it will be the same as I don't see an import feature for it if someone was to text the vcard.
    Last edited by FxEpic; 05-05-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Hello FxEpic,

I've asked the dev team to look into adding the ability to import vcf files directly into DejaContacts. I hope to see this change in the near future. I'll let you know on this thread as soon as I hear from the dev team. You can can also create a support ticket at support@dejaoffice.com and we will email you directly.

+ Reply to Thread