+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long should the Deja Direct USB (mass Storage Mode) take?

Question How long should the Deja Direct USB (mass Storage Mode) take?

Now that I have upgraded to DJO 2.5.9 and CompanionLink 6.0 I am using the Direct USB (Mass Storage Mode). I am noticing that the sync takes almost 3 minutes and most of that time is before the "progress" window on my PC comes up saying "Opening Android". With my old phone (Droid RAZR Maxx) I used DejaConnect USB (ADB mode) and it seems to have run a lot faster. I remember, too, that there was a Motorola Driver which I had downloaded.

My current Galaxy S5 also has a driver, but thus far I have not installed it; just using what Win7Pro has. Should I install this driver? Will it have any effect on the sync? Or should I just leave everything alone and not fix what ain't broke and live with a longer sync?

The Samsung driver, which is on the phone and visible when the phone is connected as an "Installer" is this: 2014-05-06 12.50.37.jpg
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

I don't know.
    I myself had problems yesterday trying to get Direct USB to work, I didn't like it, as it had more than one step, and was choking.

I am using Bluetooth at the moment, its a bit slower than DejaConnect USB, but that stopped working for me, after I upgraded my android.

I think my view now is if its working in a reasonable time, then that's good enough!

I have just timed my phone, it takes about 1 minute, database has about 350 contacts and about 650 calendar entries. I am using the Samsung driver from Kies. It is possible that the new Samsung driver is better but cannot give you any advice.

By the way my Nexus 7 takes about 90 seconds to sync over WiFi.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Thanks for your replies. Cecil-if yours takes a minute or so with the contacts and calendar entries you have, then there's probably a good reason why mine takes so long. Here's my list:
    2014-05-08 15.17.07.jpg
    and that's probably why mine is more than 2 minutes.

On another note: What part of Scotland? We just spent a wonderful week in Edinburgh last September and plan to return and roam around the highlands this fall. I guess living with Border Collies and Glenlivet gets into your blood!
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

Hi

I live in Elgin in Moray. Moray is known as the home of malt whisky with more than half the Scottish malt distilleries in this county. I live about 25 miles from Dufftown the home of Glenlivet.
    describe a
    Moray is great place to live. Beautiful sandy beaches and only a few miles to heather covered hills.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Adding sync to Native adds about 10x to the sync system. The native portion is really slow. So if you can avoid it, turn off Native contact and Native Calendar sync.

I'll be in Edinburgh just for the night on June 11, the first night of a long vacation that will take me from Scotland to Rome.

+ Reply to Thread