Thread: Untimed Events Move Up a Day When I Fly

Untimed Events Move Up a Day When I Fly

I suppose this is that pernicious time-zone issue again...

But I have untimed events in my Palm, that, when I go from East Coast to anywhere west, show up in DJO Calendar as occurring the day before.

My guess is DJO takes an untimed event for, say August 16, and thinks it's an all-day event - that is 0001 - 2400. SO, when I move time zones, it now says, OK, it STARTS on August 15 at 2301 (or 2201, etc.) and runs for 24 hours.

I'm basically learning not to trust my calendar, and to memorize everything. Which is good in a way, but...

I thought I'd seen this addressed elsewhere, but couldn't find the thread. Sorry for the DP.

rjbinney - We've identified a couple of bugs where all day events can shift by a day in certain cases. I think this is the same bug that you're running into here with time zones changes. We're working on a fix now. It should be rolled into DJO 1.6.4, which we're hoping to get out sometime this week.

I just DL'ed 1.64 beta. Still having the issue - tomorrow's all-day events are showing up today.

Additionally, all my appointments moved AHEAD three hours. I'm rewriting my calendar from the backup, but very strange!

I'm presuming the original issue will always be an issue until the Android can support multiple time zones. I know I sound like a broken record (some of us remember those), but I can't even imagine how "real" businesses use Google Apps when Google software engineers don't really seem to "get it"!

I noticed the same kind of shifts when syncing with Palm. In Palm untimed events do not last 24 hours but are without time stamp (at least to my understanding !). Deleting the time data in DJO for such events could possibly resolve the issue ?