Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DJO contacts not shown in "phone" contacts

New DJO contacts not shown in "phone" contacts

Hi, i might be a moron but the search did not find anything helpful ...

I use OL2010 with Win7, CL5 in ADB mode to sync with my S4 'droid 4.3 and that syncing works fine.
    So if i add a new contact in OL, that appears almost instantly in DJOA on the S4.

But i can't find any new contact - no matter, if it was created in OL or in DJOA - in the "phone" app contacts tab.
    That one is already set to "show all contacts" - and the "only contacts with phone numbers" is not checked.
    (I also tried to select different "show contacts from ..." settings, which did not change anything).

Well, if i only wanted to call these people, i could easily dial out of the DJOA screen ... but i noticed the issue, when i wanted to select a contact as an exception for the "Shutup mode" (no idea what the englisch term is ...: I am talking about that setting which saves you from phone calls during activation. And you can define some contacts which are allowed to disturb).
    Further research resulted in "any new address will not appear in the phone's list, thus can't be selected or even searched".

I also found the "synch now" button under the phone's "contacts/accounts-synch-settings"

Please forgive my "guessy" terms ... if you understood the german localisation, it'd be just copying for me ;-)
    I hope i could clarify the issue, please ask for details, if there are any additional questions.

Regards from Germany,
    GeeKay

edit: Of course the title should read "not shown in phone contacts LIST (or TAB) !

GeeKay - In DejaOffice Menu, look for "Read Android Contacts". Select that option and see if your contacts appear.

Normally, Contacts are moved from Outlook and also DJO when you run the Sync. This should be automatic.

"Shut Up Mode" is labeled "Add to reject list" in English. Your meaning is clear so I understood right away. So much of the German localization of short phrases uses idioms. "Handy" to us sounds very odd. I remember early on arguing about whether "Sort Up" and "Sort Ascending" is the same thing.

If your contacts don't appear, please clarify your phone model and Android version. Also DejaOffice version. Thanks.

I have the same problem, complicated by the fact that this particular phone does not sync with any PC database nor does it use the cloud sync.

Contacts added to the Android contact app never show up in DJO. Contacts added in DJO never show up in the Android contacts app.

I remember the "Read Android contacts" menu in previous version of DJO, but I can't find it in the version I currently have. Where which menu contains this entry?

Phone: Droid Razr Maxx
    Android version: 4.1.2
    DJO version: 2.5.9(586)
    Companion Link version: none

Hi DJOCTO, i do understand these little language irritations very well :-) most of them worth a good laugh.
    Works in both directions, by the way ;-)

So i am glad i could sufficiently describe the subsystem ... but obviously i did not clearly describe the problem:

I do not use that KIES sync since they messed everything up last year, but decided to go for DJO as my sole mobile "pda-app".
    I create a new contact in DJOA, but it does not show up in the phone's contacts listing.
    I do not have any contacts in other accounts, nor in the SIM or elsewhere, so my problem is not that existing contacts are not shown in DJO, but that DJO contacts are not shown in the phone's phone app.

But in the phone app, i can select "sho these contacts" which leads to a radio button list of all available contact database, showing "all contacts" but also "device", "SIM", various accounts, like eMails, Whatsapp or Deja Office.
    The only list that actually has entries is "deja office".
    And that filter works.
    But it looks like none of the contacts that were created lately (after the initial big sync?) are recogized by the phone (but they ARE shown and findable in DJOA, of course).
    I once again created 2 "Test Contacts" in DJOA which are perfectly synched from DJOA to Outlook, but also not showing in the phone app's "contacts" tab.

I tried that "read android contacts", but that did not help.
    It really appears that all contacts i created since first sync ever are not recognized by the phone.
    Could that be something with a not executed "indexing" process?

The phone is a SAMSUNG S4, model no. GT-I9505, Kernel version 3.4.0-2082040, Build no. JSS15J.II9505XXUENA1
    DJO version says 2.5.9 (538).

Oh, and here's one for the fun:
    In German the word for "bath" and "spa" (including a bathing resort) is "Bad".
    Imagine the faces of english speaking people, whoile travelling through Germany finding a lot of road signs directing to "Bad (something)" ...

Thanks for your help and effort, by the way!
    Last edited by GeeKay; 05-15-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Geekay, can I have you do the following:

1. In DejaOffice, choose Settings, and Logging and Support Settings.
    2. Check the box to "Start Logging"
    3. Select the option "Log Android Database"
    4. Select Email Log and send to support@dejaoffice.com
    Add in the note "GeeKay Forums" so we know what it is in reference to.

Also add one name of someone you can see in DejaOffice, but not in the native Contact list.

This will give us a listing of your device info, and may give a clue on why new records are not being synchronized.

Some German towns are so Bad they name them twice. And I've been there but I wasn't impressed. The funnyest German word for English speakers is the freeway sign for Exit which sounds like two bathroom words in English. Two place in German that I've liked are Fuessen in Tyrol, and Boppard on the Rhine.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 05-15-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Done. Thanks!

That exit sign ... hahaha ... yes, that must be a bit disturbing

Oh, again: Everything is synchronized bidirectional between OL and DJOA.
    It's just that new entries are not "seen" by the native android apps.

Another thing that i tried in the meantime:
    I wondered why these contacts do not show the names in Whatsapp, but only the number ...
    So i added thenm to contacts from Whatsapp ...
    Now i have the mobile number added in DJO, but still don't see the entry in the native applications.
    I thought that might be of interest.

Repeating my question: Where is the "Read Android Contacts" action in the current DJO version? Thanks.

I find that as a button in the DejaOffice menu, pls2000, icon looking like a flatbed scanner ... (but we might have different DJOA builds?)

GeeKay: Do you mean the Home screen? On my version, it isn't there. And the only thing attached to the Menu button is Search.