+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Several Ideas for Improved Product

Lightbulb Several Ideas for Improved Product

I feel the first two are critical for a good PIM.
    1. An indicator near the bottom of the day and week views to show that that there are additional events not shown on the screen (ie., in the day view, appointments between 8 am and 2 pm are shown, but an appointment at 5 pm would not be shown unless one scrolls down).

2. Expand search function to include all occurences of the search string in all of the fields (eg. I searched for "Brian." The function only showed records that contained "Brian" in the first or last name field, when there were occurences in other fields, like children). Update: after going through the online tutorial, I noted the ability to add the company and notes fields to the query; however, it would be good to add the rest of the record.

3. Deja Today view: Provide ability to configure what is shown first (ie., Events or Tasks).

Overall, a excellent product. I hope to use it as a replacement for my Palm.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Incredible, 2.1

Mike
    Last edited by larkandmike; 08-17-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by larkandmike View Post
    I feel the first two are critical for a good PIM.
    1. An indicator near the bottom of the day and week views to show that that there are additional events not shown on the screen (ie., in the day view, appointments between 8 am and 2 pm are shown, but an appointment at 5 pm would not be shown unless one scrolls down).
    I like this idea. A related feature would be an option to show a configurable portion of the day or week onscreen at once (in a much smaller font, obviously). For example, I'd like to see 7:00 AM through 8:00 PM at once - most of my events fall into that range, so I could get a much better overview of my calendar if I could see that whole range for a day or week.

All your ideas are good . I just like it. Thanks for sharing

I second the desire for an indicator that there is something scheduled before or after the time window shown on the Daily or Weekly views.

This is a little less of an issue currently because Deja 1.9.4 Android and CL Pro 4023 have all ACT! activities starting a 12AM and going all day.

I updated to CL 4026. Activities are now being shown in the proper time slots. Now it would be helpful to see some indication of activites earlier or later in the day than the calendar window displays.

Quote Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
    I like this idea. A related feature would be an option to show a configurable portion of the day or week onscreen at once (in a much smaller font, obviously). For example, I'd like to see 7:00 AM through 8:00 PM at once - most of my events fall into that range, so I could get a much better overview of my calendar if I could see that whole range for a day or week.
    [/COLOR]

Can I second, third, and fourth these requests!!! The ONLY view from 1pm-7pm without scrolling and not knowing what else is scheduled without scrolling up AND down or switching to another view is driving me NUTZ..........

I also agree with that! Another way to achieve this would be to "hide" the hours that are not used.
    For example you have an appointment 9-10 than 3 more in the afternoon 15-16, 16-17, 17-18 o'clock
    There is no need to show the hours 10-15, therefore by "pulling" the later appointments up will bring all appointments into view (even on small screens)

+ Reply to Thread