+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sync failure; suspect SD card presence

Sync failure; suspect SD card presence

Im currently evaluating CompanionLink/DejaOffice, and having a problem whereby records (contacts & calendar at least, as thats all Ive tested) no longer reliably sync properly to the device. The sync had worked initially.

Both the PC and the Windows Phone say they successfully complete the sync, and the CompanionLink set up program does show the correct number of calendar & contact records (i.e. matching Outlooks count) after syncing. The updates do not appear in DejaOffice on the phone however.

Through trial & error, Im suspecting that it may have something to do with the presence of an SD card. I had added one after successfully syncing some initial test records but before adding more records that did not sync. There is nothing wrong with the SD card that I can tell. After the sync problem started, I checked the card with chkdsk and there are no errors, and I formatted it again with both the PC and the phone, syncing after each change, and it still wouldnt sync. It seems pretty repeatable that if I insert an SD card, the sync will break.

I can get the records to sync by removing the card and in Outlook updating or deleting and restoring the non-synced records. Doing so makes Outlooks copy appear to be more recent, and then CompanionLink will sync them as long as the SD card isnt there.

Why is this? Is this a known problem with SD cards or some other issue? I would never have suspected the SD card at all but for a post referencing it as a potential problem with Android and a note about CompanionLink for Android requiring an SD card (different OS though, I know). Does Windows Phone have similar challenges?

http://www.companionlink.com/blog/20...roid-usb-sync/
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...topped+syncing

I need to have the SD card however & removing it before every sync is not practical, so Im hoping CompanionLink has a resolution before I purchase the full license.

Thank you.

Details:
    ATIV S Neo/Samsung SPH-I800
    Windows 8.0 (8.0.10328.78)
    CompanionLink 6.0.0.0 (Build 6018)
    DejaOffice 1.1.5.56

Some potentially relevant CompanionLink Advanced Options:
    Deletion preference: Outlook is primary, Phone ignored
    Manual Sync
    Data Types all Sync both ways (wipe before sync not checked)

Some potentially relevant DejaOffice Sync Settings:
    Sync method: Direct USB
    Sync with people app: checked

+1

I have this same problem. Why is no one responding?

I am running out of time before my eval runs out and I go to the competition.

DejaOffice team: any updates? thanks.

We will be updating Windows Phone shortly. I think the SD card issue will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    We will be updating Windows Phone shortly. I think the SD card issue will be resolved.
    Great; thank you Wayland. Any rough idea when we should look for the upgrade and what other updates will be included?

Windows phone update is working it's way through our system. Should be in just a week or two.

Status of the Windows phone update

Windows phone update is working it's way through our system. Should be in just a week or two.
    Hi Wayland - wondering if we can get a status on the Windows phone update please?

Thanks

Wayland, I see that DejaOffice version 1.1.6.59 was released. Does this version correct the SD card issue? I didn't see mention of the issue in the release notes on the Windows store. Thank you.

Revised post--I see that DejaOffice version 1.1.6.60 was released. Does this version correct the SD card issue? I didn't see mention of the issue in the release notes on the Windows store. Thank you.

Tom, this is the release I was referring to.

+ Reply to Thread