Thread: Category colors change when I Sync

Category colors change when I Sync

Hi, I've gotten frustrated enough to finally ask for help. So whenever I Sync my phone (Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD) with my PC (Palm Desktop) the colors of 3-4 of my categories always changes (same categories every time). So I keep correcting them, but it only lasts until the next time I Sync. Then why do I keep correcting the colors instead of waiting until I figure out the problem.......dunno. LOL

Thanks,
    Robyne
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD Android ver. 4.4.2; PC OS-Vista 32 bit; Palm DeskTop-ver. 4.1.4; DJO-3.1.2, CL-6018, Wi-Fi Sync/Cloud Sync.

It may be a silly question but do the category colours on each device match before the sync. For example is "Office" set to Red on each device, or is "Office" Red on one device and Green on the other before you start.

Alternatively it may be because there is minor corruption of the database on the phone. If this is not resolved by a PC overrides Android sync then this can be solved by renaming the CLUSB folder on the phone. DejaOffice will recreate the folder and database when you next sync. Of course make sure your main database on the PC is backed up before you start.
    Last edited by Cecil; 09-05-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Are you using Palm Desktop 6? Try setting the Calendar color there.

Different PIM's use different schemes for colors. Palm Desktop uses RGB. Outlook uses a color index (number 1-16). So the system is trying to match the color scheme and failing for some reason.