View Poll Results: Have you attempted to Sync using DejaOffice 1.1.6.59?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Used local Wi-Fi, Worked OK

1 25.00%
  • Used local Wi-Fi, Failed

3 75.00%
  • Other sync method, Worked OK

0 0%
  • Other sync method, Failed

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrade to DejaOffice 1.1.6.59 - Anyone else experiencing Sync problem

Upgrade to DejaOffice 1.1.6.59 - Anyone else experiencing Sync problem

I have just downloaded the updated DejaOffice (version 1.1.6.59) and have encountered a problem with syncing to Palm Desktop using local Wi-Fi. I have submitted a detailed support ticket but thought it also worthwhile posting on here to see if others were experiencing similar problems, or perhaps are experiencing no problems.

Further information

I have now attempted to sync using USB (which I don't regard as satisfactory long-term, partly due to the necessity of repeatedly having to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable).

USB Sync seems to partially work:
    1. DejaContacts: contacts copied from PC to phone correctly. Contacts on phone that have synced with the built-in People app sync correctly with PC. Contacts on phone that have not synced with built-in People app are copied to PC but are then lost from phone.
    2. DejaCalendar: at some stage of attempting to sync with wi-fi I lost all the calendar entries on my phone. DejaOffice crashes if I attempt to enter a calendar entry, and sync fails to copy any entries from PC to phone
    3. DejaTasks: works
    4. DejaMemos: works

I experience the same in Calendar - all calendar entries are gone - Hope there is a fix quickly :-)

Interesting that sorenwillems also lost all Calendar entries.

I am pleased to report that DejaOffice now appears to be working for me, including Wi-Fi sync and Calendar.

I uninstalled DejaOffice, restarted the Phone and then reinstalled DejaOffice. I then told CompanionLink to 'Wipe all records on windows phone before sync' and performed a sync using local Wi-Fi. CompanionLink warned me it was about to delete large numbers of records from Palm Desktop (can't remember whether it was Calendar, Memo, Tasks and Contacts or just a couple of these) and I told it not to delete them. It now appears that it is all working!

Thanks for posting solution dgm. It worked for me - so it must be the solution :-)

My experience with the update was essentially the same as yours (Calendar records missing and sync error message). Like you, I uninstalled DejaOffice, reinstalled it, and during the first sync wiped all records from the phone. Everything seems to be working OK now. The update must have a bug in it.

I apologize for the inconvenience. The update had a problem where Calendar would no longer work for some customers. This has been fixed and a new update released.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I apologize for the inconvenience. The update had a problem where Calendar would no longer work for some customers. This has been fixed and a new update released.
    So to upgrade to 1.1.6.60--can the DejaOffice app be simply upgraded from the phone, or does it need to be uninstalled and reinstalled like dgm advised?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dgm View Post
    Interesting that sorenwillems also lost all Calendar entries.

I uninstalled DejaOffice, restarted the Phone and then reinstalled DejaOffice. I then told CompanionLink to 'Wipe all records on windows phone before sync' and performed a sync using local Wi-Fi. CompanionLink warned me it was about to delete large numbers of records from Palm Desktop (can't remember whether it was Calendar, Memo, Tasks and Contacts or just a couple of these) and I told it not to delete them. It now appears that it is all working!

Just upgraded on the phone.

+ Reply to Thread