Thread: iPhone Shortcuts

Unhappy iPhone Shortcuts

Hi

I have just got an iphone 5S and have loaded Deja office successfully... all is great.

However... a couple of issues I'd really like help with.

I'd like to have an icon for Deaj Calendar and also Deja Contacts on the screen, instead of having to access both via the Deja office button, and from there going to the different Deja sections.... is there any way to set this up? (I'm lazy I know :-) )

Also, although my calendar has synced in Deja office, it has not synced with the iPhone calendar therefore in the summary of the day ahead, ie when the screen is swiped down from the top, I see the weather summary and the date... great! But the calendar says each day is empty, when it is not. The same for Notes and Reminders. Is there anyway to sync Deja completely with iPhone so that all these various bits are cohesive instead of still being very separate and not as user friendly as one would like?

Many thanks

Julie

Hi Julie - Regarding shortcuts for contacts, calendar, etc on the home screen: These aren't allowed by Apple, so we don't have them in DejaOffice. However, with the introduction of widgets in iOS 8, I think it's possible to create shortcut widgets that would accomplish the same thing, so we'll see if we can add them as iOS 8 widgets in an upcoming release. In the meantime I have no other solution. Sorry.

For the calendar issue, make sure you have sync with Apple's calendar enabled in DejaOffice. To check, open DejaOffice and go to Settings -> Sync. Make sure that "Sync with Apple's Calendar" is turned on. Same goes for Reminders, which you'll see in the same screen.

Speaking of widgets, our next couple of DejaOffice releases will be introducing calendar widgets for iOS 8, so you'll be able to see a preview of the DejaOffice calendar in the same pull-down screen that has the Apple calendar preview. Look for these starting with the next DejaOffice release, sometime within the next couple of weeks or so.

Just stumbled on this feature. A godsend for me. Thanks.

iPhone shortcut widgets were there, then disappeared after the last update. What gives?

technochitlin, JimTram - We removed the shortcuts widget in 1.8.1. It appears the App Store isn't approving "launcher" style widgets anymore, so they're gone for the time being.

We'll see if we can come up with a work-around in the next couple of releases or so, in order to get some of the functionality back. I can make no promises though.

In the meantime sorry for the inconvenience.

The notification banner is still there, so that's better than nothing. Sad. The widgets were a great feature I thought. Will the notification banner option be removed too?
    Last edited by JimTram; 12-15-2014 at 11:35 AM.