+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One hour shift of appointments during DST after sync

One hour shift of appointments during DST after sync

Deja team,

I synced my device yesterday, which was actually the first time I had since the 1 November one hour time shift due to daylight saving time.

Unfortunately--on my Deja Office calendar, every single appointment from this past weekend all the way back to March when the time shifted ahead one hour has now been moved one hour earlier. It's as if my Deja calendar is now on standard time for the whole year.

Outlook meanwhile continues to show the correct meeting times before, during, and after daylight saving time.

What's causing this?

Is there a means to fix? I assume I can wipe and resync using Outlook to device one way, but then I'll loose calendar changes since my last sync, so I'm hoping for a better way to correct it and/or prevent this in the future...

Thank you,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom2014 View Post

I assume I can wipe and resync using Outlook to device one way..."
    I assumed wrong. I forced an Outlook to Windows Phone sync and wiped first--the records are still an hour off. However, upon further review some are actually correct. I have a ton of appointments and I'm not sure what the incorrect ones have in common yet, if anything.

Again, Outlook is completely correct--it's only Deja calendar.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    Last edited by tom2014; 11-05-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Tom, this is not the best place for immediate help.

I'll have one of our tech support team reach out to help you.

CompanionLink Tech Support is available by calling (503)243-5200 hours 7am-4pm Pacific Time on weekdays.

Thanks for the reply; I was hoping this was related to a setting somewhere or perhaps something that had been seen by others.

If it's just specific to me and better for a trouble ticket, I'll look for the tech support team to reach out.

I believe I have solved this... I'll post the resolution here for the benefit of others. On the ticket btw, Marc did open a ticket and contacted me today asking for the best phone number to reach me. We didn't end up speaking, but thanks for the follow-up anyway.

The cause appears to be timezone-related. I did initially think it could be timezone-related and tried looking into that on the calendars, but...
    1) I don't use the Outlook timezone settings for appointments (and they were all correct when I checked the option on some of the appointments),
    2) I couldn't find any way to set the timezone for an appointment in DejaCalendar so I wasn't sure whether Deja even supported timezones on appointments,
    3) My Windows phone gets its time/timezone information from the network and I had verified the timezone was correct when I set up the phone, and
    4) I couldn't find a pattern--many/most of the appointments were shifted, but some were correct. Whether it was a single or recurring appointment, whether before or after DST, whether created on the phone or Outlook or imported VCF file, etc. didn't seem to matter. If ALL of the appointments from one or more sources before/after the change were similarly impacted, it may have been more obvious.

Anyhow, I went back tonight to check the timezone settings on Windows Phone itself. Still from the network, but it was now showing UTC-5 Bogata, not UTC-5 Eastern, and I'm definitely not in South America. I switched to manual and Eastern, resynced with a wipe first, and it seems to be fixed. Since this happened after the time change, I assume when the time changed, the service provider sent an incorrect timezone or the phone misinterpreted it, and the daylight saving time rules must be different in Bogata, and it messed up the calendar...

Does Deja have anything to add? If not, the ticket can be closed; thank you.
    Last edited by tom2014; 11-11-2014 at 09:00 PM.

This is really helpful for other appointment setter. Thanks for sharing.
    Appointment setting expert for business. Loves to share the advice and tips. https://www.leaseasalesrep.com

+ Reply to Thread