+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feature request: old calendar colors

Feature request: old calendar colors

Deja team,

A feature request for your consideration: This is admittedly somewhat cosmetic, but can you please consider reverting the Deja calendar color scheme back to what was used before the 1.1.6.60 update (e.g. during 1.1.5.56)? (Or provide an option to toggle off the changes that were introduced?)

Changes introduced in 1.1.6.60 included highlighting the day and the weekends white, what appears to be a slightly different shade of white for each.

Problems:

1. It is next to impossible to see the white calendar day number for weekend days in month view as the weekend day numbers are also white.
    2. It is very difficult to see calendar appointments that are shaded with light (light gray, yellow, etc.) colors on the weekend or current day against the new white background--especially in sunlight.
    3. The color prior scheme was perfectly functional and elegant. If I recall, there was a very faint shading for the weekends that contrasted slightly against the black. Like many, I really like the Windows Phone use of black backgrounds against bright colors to create a high contrast and easily readable display. Deja office had complemented that nicely; I find the current abundant use of white glaring at best and at worst detracting from the functionality of the calendar, especially in sunlight and when looking at the current day, which of course is something I look at every day.

Thanks for the consideration.
    Tom

Tom, have you tried the black background in DJOA?

DejaOffice Settings, General Settings, First item - Color Scheme

Choose "Dark Background"

What we have found is there is a considerable range on older phones vs newer ones. Apparently the newer ones render the same color (paper white) in a dramatically different way. We have had to adjust for the new phones.

If dark background doesn't work, I'll need to know what phone you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Tom, have you tried the black background in DJOA?

DejaOffice Settings, General Settings, First item - Color Scheme

Choose "Dark Background"
    Thank you - I did look for a setting first but I didn't find anything that seemed to fit.

I don't seem to have the same options that you describe. Under Deja Office, Settings, there isn't a "General Settings." I have DejaContact Settings, DejaCalendar Settings, DejaTask Settings, DejaMemos Settings, Sync Settings, Privacy Settings, Logging and Support Settings, and About DejaOffice. Under DejaCalendar Settings, there's First Day of Week, Show Week Number, and Rebuild Internal Events. I don't see general, nor anything about a color scheme.

This is a Samsung ATIV S Neo (so a new phone from this year) running Windows Phone 8.0.

Thank you.
    Last edited by tom2014; 11-07-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Sorry. I did it again. I was thinking Android and this is Windows Phone. I'm sorry.

I'll file your request for Windows Phone.

Am I correct in assuming that this issue was never resolved? I have a Lumia 8.1 and just had the latest version of DejaOffice installed within the past couple of weeks. In the monthly view, I can't see the entries for current day and weekend. I have the dark background option in play, but is there anything else I should be doing to fix the problem?

I'll check on it.

+ Reply to Thread