+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CompanionLink sync now crashing regularly...

CompanionLink sync now crashing regularly...

Hey folks...

Anyone else having troubles with CompanionLink sync crashing?

I'm using Local WiFi Sync. Everything was working fine, but then recently I updated to the latest version (Build 6030), and at the same time added a new profile for a new phone I got (Sony Z3 Compact).

I set the new profile to erase all data on phone, reread outlook and android, and synced one way, Outlook -> New Phone.

It hangs/crashes every time at "Closing Outlook".

I checked what happens with my old phone, and the same thing is happening there.

SOMETIMES it hasn't crashed if I didn't select "Rearead outlook/android", but most of the time - even if I unselect those - it is still now crashing.

I'm not sure if it has to do with the new build of CompanionLink, or the fact that I added a new profile to sync with (now have 2 profiles, one for old phone one for new), or what.

I've contacted CompanionLink support and they had several suggestions, none of which worked, so I mailed them the sync logs as directed.

This is really frustrating - I can no longer sync with any sense of security, so I'm not doing a 2-way sync anymore, which makes it hard to keep things in sync.

Anyone else having problems like this?

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Just tried it here. No wifi sync, but works fine with 2 profiles and reread Outlook checked. I'm using the new DJO Beta, but I wouldn't think that would make any difference. No troubles at all with 6030 and have had it a while now.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Just tried it here. No wifi sync, but works fine with 2 profiles and reread Outlook checked. I'm using the new DJO Beta, but I wouldn't think that would make any difference. No troubles at all with 6030 and have had it a while now.
    They sent me instructions to try CompanionLink beta (not DJO beta); tried that, didn't help.

I wonder if I need to uninstall/reinstall or something like that. Kind of bizarre that this started happening. What version of Outlook are you using? I'm using Office Home and Business 2010.

- Tim

I just uninstalled CompanionLink and reinstalled it, created a new profile, sync still crashes.

No Joy.

- Tim

A win32 crash is always hard for us to find. Thanks for the logs, Tim. I'll see if I can find them and route them to the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    A win32 crash is always hard for us to find. Thanks for the logs, Tim. I'll see if I can find them and route them to the right person.
    Thanks CTO - incidentally, I still have the message I sent the logs with (I sent it in one email); do you want me to send them to you directly?

Also, perhaps you can send me a debug version of CompanionLink with all the symbolic debugging info intact, so that we could get more information regarding specifically where this is happening?

- Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    What version of Outlook are you using? I'm using Office Home and Business 2010.

- Tim
    It's in my sig. ;-) Outlook 2013.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    It's in my sig. ;-) Outlook 2013.
    D'oh! Sorry. I don't always update my sig. :-)

- Tim

Might be worth checking out the Outlook database with a "check and repair ". Don't use Outlook these days so not sure of proper name for this.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Might be worth checking out the Outlook database with a "check and repair ". Don't use Outlook these days so not sure of proper name for this.
    I could check it out. It seems to me that it's just a problem with what happens when CompanionLink is closing Outlook, though, and not with the data itself (it seems to get no errors, just crashes when closing). It *seems* to me that CompanionLink is having an issue when Outlook is taking longer to close than it expects. Outlook does eventually close, but it closes after CompanionLink crashes.

- Tim

+ Reply to Thread