Thread: Adding attachment to tasks, calendar etc

Adding attachment to tasks, calendar etc

Hi
    I have found that I cannot add documents to new items. I see File Browser which opens the directory of sdcard with folders listed. However, when selecting the folder Documants, it appears empty. It contains .doc .docx & .xls files. I have had this issue with some email clients but others are able to access the files.

Using 3.1.3 (651) on Galaxy S4 Mini Android 4.2.2

I do not want to install a File Manager. Can you help me?

Cheers
    Dragon

Dragon, I sent your message to the programmer. Please try this with 3.2 (beta going out today).

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have tried 3.2.0.Beta and it has not solved this issue. I can still see the Documents folder but nothing in it. Problem seems not to affect other folders as I can attach pictures, dial tones etc from other folders. Just see nothing in Documents.

Dragon

Dragon, thanks for your help. We'll need you to get us a log. It looks like the folder is locked or something.

1. Go to DejaOffice Settings, Logging, Check the box to Turn on logging.

2. Create an evene that needs a document.

3. Browse to find it. - Resulting in the blank folder.

4. Go back to DejaOffice Settings, Logging, and Email Log. Please add your name in the note: "Forum - Dragon" so we know what you are sending.

Thanks.

Adding attachment to tasks, calendar etc

Hi

Thanks for your last reply. I sent a log as per your instructions but got a reply from Chris L at the support email address asking what text or ticket number if referred to. I have email him today with a note including your last reply. Can you contact him to make sure he has all the info he needs please?

Cheers
    Dragon

All is good. The log got forwarded to the developer. Thanks.

No luck, Dragon. Here's the note from the developer:

The log file does not show any errors accessing the "sdcard/Documents" folder, but shows no files in it either.

The OS may be hiding them from our app for some reason (documentation claims this can happen if the device allows multiple users, and the files were created by another user), or maybe the user is looking at the wrong folder.

Or maybe the user has multiple external storage folders, instead of just the sdcard folder. The API to access that only works on 4.4 devices though, and the user is on 4.2, so DJO wouldn't be able to detect that, if that is even the case.

Could try copying the files to a different folder and see if DJO can see them there.

Hi

Sorry for late reply but I didn't get an email advising I had a message. Never mind, I tried moving the files but it did not help. It seems as if I can see some files in some folders but no obvious pattern.

Dragon