Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week View - Sunday Not First Day of the Week

Week View - Sunday Not First Day of the Week

I still don't understand why it is so difficult to make available, the ability to start week view on Sunday. I have worked with three other very similar apps that can start week view on Sunday. It is ludicrous to expect the user to see six days on one view and then go to the next view to get the seventh. Even then, you can't get a picture of the complete week starting with Sunday. Why can't this be fixed?

Look's like Calengoo has a serviceable solution they could use. An option between having Sunday or Friday as the half day blocked with Saturday. The Saturday and Sunday as half days has been around in planner views for so long (back to paper planners) that I suspect most people really do use it, but this should be an easy enough option.

I tend to think of Sunday as the end of the week, myself. However, I'm all for options if they are easy.

Again, this is in planner view only. Linear week view allows you to have Sunday first.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

VCOrganizer, Pimlical and Pocket Informant all have the option of having Sunday first in the week view and they all work.

Quote Originally Posted by shdytxmn View Post
    VCOrganizer, Pimlical and Pocket Informant all have the option of having Sunday first in the week view and they all work.
    Guess I missed that option in PIMLICAL. I thought you could only do that if you switched to a stacked (linear) view as here. Not surprising if I did, PIMLICAL has a lot of preferences and I never really went looking to do this except to check quickly after I read your post.
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

I'm looking at them.

VCOrganizer uses a 2x4 arrangement. We only have 2x3.

Pocket Informant uses 2x3 but doesn't show the whole week.

From what I see of the screen shots, Pimlical is 2x3 with Sat/Sun in the 6th slot. Same as us. When configured for Sunday first, where do they put it?

As best as I can recall, having only used it a short time and having removed it from my phone, it was in the upper left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I'm looking at them.

From what I see of the screen shots, Pimlical is 2x3 with Sat/Sun in the 6th slot. Same as us. When configured for Sunday first, where do they put it?
    Quote Originally Posted by shdytxmn View Post
    As best as I can recall, having only used it a short time and having removed it from my phone, it was in the upper left corner.
    I found the setting. It's in the date/Time Settings of Pimlical rather than the View settings. The preference (WeekviewStartOfWeek) allows you to pick what day you want that view to have as first day. When you pick Sunday, it does the same thing Calengoo does-- makes Friday a half block day with Saturday. Not my choice, but might be an easy option.

So a 2x3 format where Friday/Saturday share the last block.

That's not going to be the way we do it.

I think I'm just too locked into the old Franklin Planner style. To me that's the "right way" to do it.

Is Sunday a work day for you? Is that why you need it? Can I get a count of people who really need this? Thanks.

So a 2x3 format where Friday/Saturday share the last block.

That's not going to be the way we do it.

I think I'm just too locked into the old Franklin Planner style. To me that's the "right way" to do it.

Is Sunday a work day for you? Is that why you need it? Can I get a count of people who really need this? Thanks.
    No, Sunday is not a work day for me but is a day what I have numerous activities scheduled, mainly for church related activities. Yesterday, for example, there were three.

I'm looking at them.

Pocket informant shows three days on the left, four on the right. Sunday, as I selected, is the first day.