+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Companionlink sync thru DejaCloud

Companionlink sync thru DejaCloud

I am just starting to use Companionlink to sync from Outlook 2013 (desktop) to my Verizon S3 and I seem to have it working but am confused by a few things and would appreciate your assistance.

What does the "sync" do - does this sync between DejaCloud and DejaOffice or does this sync between DejaOffice and the default contact and calendar app on my phone?
    What does "read Android data" do?

Also, if I set both the desktop and Android app to sync "push" , I assume that it will start a sync on that side whenever a change is made on that side but when does the other side start a sync if no change has been made on that side?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by neil154; 11-20-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Neil154, welcome to the forum.

The default contact and calendar on the phone does not exactly parallel Outlook. It was designed by Google, and they clearly don't use any PC's there.

So we made DejaOffice as a "landing pad" for your data. It contains all the normal Outlook fields.

DejaCloud sync goes from Outlook to DejaOffice.

There is an option in DejaOffice to move the data further to the native contact and calendar apps. Android does not have native tasks, memos, or journals, although Samsung has added tasks and memos.

The native apps will be different by different devices, and also some carriers (verizon) have carrier specific modifications. So we normally verify data by checking DejaOffice, because that is the destination the we control.

I hope this explanation helps.

Thanks for the response but I do have specific questions and would appreciate your response.

What does the "sync" do - does this sync between DejaCloud and DejaOffice or does this sync between DejaOffice and the default contact and calendar app on my phone?
    What does "read Android data" do?

Also, if I set both the desktop and Android app to sync "push" , I assume that it will start a sync on that side whenever a change is made on that side but when does the other side start a sync if no change has been made on that side?

> What does the "sync" do - does this sync between DejaCloud and DejaOffice or does this sync between DejaOffice and the default contact and calendar app on my phone?

Both.

> What does "read Android data" do?

Synchronizes Native Contacts/Calendar with DejaOffice - two ways.

> Also, if I set both the desktop and Android app to sync "push" , I assume that it will start a sync on that side whenever a change is made on that side but when does the other side start a sync if no change has been made on that side?

Try it! Yes. It pushes the sync both ways. For instance, change an item on your phone, and watch the icon on the PC. You'll see it start spinning in a few seconds. That's push.

+ Reply to Thread