+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lollipop and DJO Android Problems on Nexus 5

I did a wipe and clean install of Lollipop yes. My hope was this would fix the sometimes erratic alarm handling. It did *improve* but it's not 100% ok yet.

You can download the full install files from Google, you will need to have Android SDK installed, the provided install script doesn't work. Just unpack the big zip and install the files from that manually as well (adb upgrade has issues unpacking the zip itself). Apps will be re-installed based on your google account, then you can resync from cloud or via wifi (I guess, don't use it, keep a copy of /sdcard/clusb if you want to be very safe).

Since I had to re-install anyway for the above I did root my phone yes. Biggest advantage of that is being able to run a proper backup which includes userdata.
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.5 (1069) , CompanionLink 8018
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

OK, thanks, now I can see why you did all that. The wiping, installing Lollipop and re-install of apps is a bit too complicated for me. I could probably do it but unfortunately I don't have that amount of free time. I'm hoping that the DJO developers will be able to fix my Category colors problem. I hope so. The Category colors are very useful for me.

I daily backup my clusb file to my PC just in case.

I'm hoping the DJO developers will respond soon but they may still be groggy digesting all that turkey and pumpkin pie. :-)

Cheers,

Hello DJO Team,

Did you see the photos I posted? Any ideas about my Category colors problem? Thanks,

(trying again) Hello DJO Team,

Did you see the photos I posted? Any ideas about my Category colors problem? Should I start a new thread on this problem? Thanks,

m3110w, I guess I still don't get the context of the photos.

On the task Store City Wide I see it is red in one picture, but grey in another. Is this what you are describing?

Should the tasks be mostly grey (i.e. do you not use colors?)

I do use Category colors a lot for various Tasks. The pictures show that a Task will have the Category color that I assigned. Then when I navigate to the main screen and then navigate back the Category color is no longer there. So the short version is my Category colors are appearing and disappearing when I navigate away from and back to the Task List. I'll try to make a screenshot video with audio narration so you can see it more clearly.

So based on the pics you can see the Category colors are not behaving correctly on my unrooted Nexus 5 Lollipop. The problems started happening right after I installed Lollipop.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks,

What are the acceptable video formats for uploading here? mp4? Others? Thanks,

I believe you can only provide a link to video. The video posting dialog says:

Enter your video clip URL below.
    Example: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1234567"

Supported videos include:
    Hulu YouTube (Long) YouTube (Short) Vimeo Dailymotion Metacafe Google facebook
    I don't know if that means you can only use those services or if you can post a link to your own server because I've never tried.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

OK, I didn't know I could only post a link. I'll see about getting the video up on YouTube. Thanks.

Here's the link to YouTube video that shows the Task Category colors problem. Let me know if you need any more details. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread