Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lollipop and DJO Android Problems on Nexus 5

LOL Ok. So all this effort just to learn that you DON'T have category colors assigned. So the issue is that a spurious color appears on a task that has no category.

Category colors come from several different places, and differ based on your database (which you just wiped), sync source, and sync method. We may need the exact database, but based on the video I'll have the developer look slimply at whether uncategorized items come up with spurious colors.

[[My replies in brackets below.]]

DJOCTO Wrote:

LOL Ok. So all this effort just to learn that you DON'T have category colors assigned.

[[Actually I do have many Tasks that are assigned to various Categories. See the video link for a demo of a Task with assigned Category that is behaving strangely.]]

So the issue is that a spurious color appears on a task that has no category.

[[That is only one problem. Other Tasks that are assigned to Categories also have their colors appearing and disappearing randomly as can be seen in the linked video.]]

Category colors come from several different places, and differ based on your database (which you just wiped),

[[I don't understand. Please explain what you mean by "(which you just wiped)"? It implies I erased something...? Please explain.]]

sync source, and sync method.

[[I sync using my local wifi and Companion Link (build 6032) to Outlook 2007 on my Win 7 pc. The sync always works fine. I don't do any USB syncing.]]

We may need the exact database,

[[I'm happy to provide this if needed. Do I email you my clusb file?]]

but based on the video I'll have the developer look slimply at whether uncategorized items come up with spurious colors.

[[Please have the developer also see this video so they can understand the full scope of the problem. The problem started right after I installed Lollipop so hopefully that will give some clues. Thanks, Kind Regards, ]]

We'll need the database. It sounds like an issue with color stability within the database. As I mentioned, depending on source and sync method colors get set in different ways. So there may be some ambiguous color references in your database based on past sync.

Email it to support@dejaoffice.com.

OK, files emailed. Are there tools that can scan and fix a corrupted DJOA db? Thanks, Cheers,

The DejaOffice dB is a standard SQLite file. So any SQlite tool will work on it.

Thanks for the reply.

Was my DJOA database corrupted? Was your team able to look at the database and figure out what's going on with the Task Category colors behaving strangely?

Are you saying I need to run a de-corrupt app against the db? If yes, which app should I use? I'm definitely not an IT person or a coder so I would have to go up a steep and time consuming learning curve to figure out how to do that. If the de-corrupt app requires command line skills then I probably would not be able to use it. Are there Windows or Android based GUI apps that can analyze and de-corrupt a SQLite db?

If the db is corrupted, is there anything I should do to prevent future corruption? I'm guessing most db corruption happens during sync. Is this true?

I never do USB sync; only WiFi sync. And I try to keep CL up to date on my Windows pc.

I would really like to get the Task Category colors working properly. They're very useful for me.

Thanks,